• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2017 AR210 - What's a fair price in the current market?

adamcarley

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I have put down a deposit to hold a 2017 Yamaha AR210 for $47,000. This boat is being sold by a dealer.

It seems to be in good condition. It's done 170 hours over 4 - 5 years. Includes a trailer and several accessories (extra battery, extra amp, tower speakers, wakeboard rack, mooring cover). I'd have the option to add the 2 year Yamaha extended warranty for $1,700.

Current MSRP for the 2022 AR210 is $49,799 plus whatever the accessories would cost. Inflation is high and everything is expensive right now.

It appears that the wait list for new boats is long and the inventory is 21 foot boats is fairly slim.

My sense is that I have little-to-no leverage to get a better price.

Does anyone have an opinion on the fairness of the price and whether I might be able to negotiate a discount?

Is there a resource out there to estimate the fair price for a used boat? Something like kbb.com does for cars?

AZMark

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
NADA gives used boat prices.

That’s maybe a little high with that many hours but like you said there’s not much inventory out there.

MajorBummer210

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I think it’s high, but like u said…there isn’t an inventory.

I’d ask them to throw in the $1700 warranty and a two year service plan like oil changes or a buff and wax next year etc.

I would also check to see the last time oil change was performed and boat given a complete overhaul.

At the end of the day…it’s a sellers market and you have a little time to find a boat before the market really heats up.

MajorBummer210

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Will you use the tower?

If not, the SX210 boats this year look sweet and there’s dealers around the US that usually have inventory. A few in Wisconsin always seem to have new inventory.

adamcarley

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I think we will use the tower. We're mainly getting this for wakeboarding and skiing. I've never used a tower before but I believe it helps a lot?

MajorBummer210

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I think we will use the tower. We're mainly getting this for wakeboarding and skiing. I've never used a tower before but I believe it helps a lot?
Helps with wakeboarding. For skiing you use the tow hook on the back of the boat.