• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Please read the Classified Ads Posting Rules before Posting something for Sale!

Boats MUST LIST A LOCATION (State)IN THE TITLE (Seems people can't read lately)-along with Make/Model/Year

SOLD SOLD - 2017 YAMAHA 242 LIMITED S, 126 HRS, MARYLAND, REDUCED TO $55K

amccoy

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
2017 Yamaha 242 Limited S
Upgrades include fixed VHF radio, Garmin chart plotter with fish finder sonar, dual group 27 AGM batteries, stainless scupper, thrust vectors.
Has all original interior, cushions and table. In great shape!
Has been in salt water only 2 times for a total of 14 days. Boat was thoroughly cleaned each time.

Comes with your choice of trailers.

I have a 2004 Magic Tilt aluminum trailer.
New rotors, bearings, seals, calipers, brakes, and springs.
No title with trailer, will need to register in Maine with a bill of sale.
Trailer pulls great, took it to Florida twice.

Or the original 2017 shore lander steel trailer, buyers choice. Great condition.

$55k
Located in Western MD
I would consider delivering the boat, depends on distance

Send me a message for more pictures.

IMG_7932.JPG

IMG_7934.JPG

IMG_7929.JPG

IMG_7909.JPG

Last edited:

NewGuy

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
In Maryland? Did you sell the original trailer?

amccoy

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Yes Maryland. I have the original 2017 steel Shore Lander trailer (with title) and was planning to keep it for a future boat. I would keep the aluminum trailer instead if the buyer preferred the steel one.

amccoy

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I believe the NADA book value includes the factory trailer.
Looks like you are correct, I didn't realize that at first. I do have the factory trailer and will include it rather than the aluminum trailer if that's what the buyer prefers.

Capture.JPG

amccoy

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Here's a pic with the factory trailer and cover.

Trailer.jpg

Last edited:

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Looks like you are correct, I didn't realize that at first. I do have the factory trailer and will include it rather than the aluminum trailer if that's what the buyer prefers.

View attachment 156446
you can also pull off the bimini since those are standard and configured into the base price of that model. If you are counting the build in Sonar, or built in GPS if you don't have a third party add, you can take those off. And let's be real, for $1400, you can buy a heck of a simrad for less. So those are inflated

amccoy

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
you can also pull off the bimini since those are standard and configured into the base price of that model. If you are counting the build in Sonar, or built in GPS if you don't have a third party add, you can take those off. And let's be real, for $1400, you can buy a heck of a simrad for less. So those are inflated
Garmin ECHOMAP 64cv with GT23 transducer. Also Standard Horizon 1850 fixed VHF, Thrust Vectors, and lateral thrusters. I think the options are fair.

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Garmin ECHOMAP 64cv with GT23 transducer. Also Standard Horizon 1850 fixed VHF, Thrust Vectors, and lateral thrusters. I think the options are fair.
You have every right to ask what you are asking, as the market is the crazy stupid. But well over actual MSRP from when it was new may be a stretch. You are in the ballpark for a starting number, if asking $58k Good luck with your sale. This boat market bubble is starting to burst up North. More are being listed daily and the prices are dropping as the end of season gets closer.

Last edited:

Neutron

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
58 in current market is fair I think. Great looking boat. Good luck

amccoy

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Price reduced to $55k. I would also consider delivering the boat.

Mxracerzero

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
How far of a delivery range are you considering?

JuniorM

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Beautiful boat...