• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Please read the Classified Ads Posting Rules before Posting something for Sale!

Boats MUST LIST A LOCATION (State)IN THE TITLE (Seems people can't read lately)-along with Make/Model/Year
  • Reminder of the Thrust Vector and Lateral Thruster group buy through JetBoatPilot.....you only have Until AUGUST 31st. to get in on this group buy.
    With a Maximum discount of 35% this is the highest discount you can get on these, so don't miss out!
    So if you are looking to improve your steering-either forwards or in reverse.....this sale may be for you!  

Thank you Will @jetboatpilot for offering this exclusively to JETBOATERS.net members!

(You can click the X to the right to dismiss this notice)

SOLD 2017 Yamaha 242X E-Series - North Alabama (Huntsville/Decatur Area)

F.M.

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
2017 Yamaha 242X E-Series
$70k - Can also be delivered (Depending on distance) for a small fee per mile once payed for

1 owner boat purchased new in 2017. Freshwater boat, never in salt water. Stored indoors most of the time, but always covered if left out. 148hrs on engines. Fuel tank is currently at about 3/4 of a tank. Fresh oil change and spark plugs.

Boat is in great shape. 1 small ding in the gel coat just below the rub rail on the very front of the bow from someone not paying attention while holding the boat at the dock (Teenagers don't always pay attention for some reason when other teens of the opposite sex are around). :)

Lots of add-ons and accessories included.... listed below.

FACTORY OPTIONS (For those not familiar)
-Touchscreen controls
-Full snap-in Seadek flooring
-3 Ballast bags & pumps
-Full sound system including 2 amps, Sub & Soundbar
-2 Swivel mount board racks
-Bow filler cushions
-Table (cockpit and swimdeck mounts)
-Fly by wire throttle
-Single lever throttle control
-Push button start
-Head compartment/changing room
-Wet storage for life vests
-PTM Edge mirror
-Tilt steering
-Flip up bolster
-Dual batteries (separate house and starting)
-Matching spare tire
-Tower mounted solar battery charger
-Hinged seats (No seats flying out while towing)
-Wheeled Yamaha blue cooler

ADD-ONS (Bolted on Accessories that I don't want to take off)
-Lucky 13 pump cones (Adds increased thrust) *Factory cones included with sale
-6CW impeller swap (Adds increased thrust) *Factory impellers included with sale
-Cobra Jet steering fins with fangs
-Stoltz bow roller on trailer
-7 pin conversion trailer wiring
-Optional Seadek Kit from Jet Boat Pilot
-Swapped all factory speakers to Polk MM 6.5 speakers
-2nd Subwoofer
-Swapped single barrel tower speakers to double barrel cans.
-Swapped factory 4ch amp to a 5ch amp
-Now has a 22 total speaker sound system (2-Bow, 2-Cabin, 2-Swimdeck, 4-Tower, 2-Subs & a 10 speaker soundbar)
-Riva Racing ribbon delete
-Factory air box delete (factory air boxes included with sale)
-K&N conical flame arrestor filters
-Tune Trapper antenna
-AGM batteries (1 - Grp24 starting & 1 - Grp31 house)
-On board NOCO Genius 2 bank charger
-Landing strip lights on trailer bunks (Only come on if trailer is in the water)
-Bearing buddies with AutoCheck centers
-Jetboaters.net Spare tire cover
-Fulton boat buckles
-60" trailer guide ons
-Nite Ize Steelie phone holder at helm
-Under seat dock line store
-Under seat tow rope storage
-Struts added to seats (Soft close seats)
-Red billet aluminum cooling ports (pissers)
-Red billet aluminum bilge port
-20ft cord for onboard charger
And I'm sure there is more that I have left out.

EXTRA INCLUDED ITEMS (Non-bolt ons that I'm letting go with the boat so that I don't have to store them)
-Yamaha Deluxe Mooring Cover w/ storage bag
-Yamaha Wakebooster kit (Wakebooster, float attachment, Slingshot surf board, rope)
-Hyperlite Premier wakeboard (147)
-CWB wakeboard (134)
-HO Sports Kneeboard
-5 Neoprene life vests (S, M that I don't remember the brand of and 3 Yamaha branded vests in L, XL, XXL)
-Tube Rope
-Wakeboard/kneeboard/ski rope
-Airhead Slash Tube (2 person)
-2 Hull Hugr roll up fenders with added suction cups (9ft long)
-Neoprene tower speaker covers
-4 Dock lines (25')
-4 Bungee dock lines (2 4ft & 2 6ft)
-1 black dock bumper (I used to have 2, but I think a buddy permanently borrowed one from me, so only 1 is included)
-50ft rescue line in throwable bag
-Extra 100ft of anchor line
-Digital pump for inflatables
-Extra cupholder rings
-17lb Richter anchor w/ 6ft of chain & 100ft of line
-Fire extinguisher
-Throwable flotation device
-Air horn
-Flare gun (Might be expiring soon, so you might actually get to just play with them instead of using them as intended)
-Socket, plier, and screwdriver set
-Clamp set for cooling lines
-Waterproof storage box for tools, etc...
-Trailer lock
-All factory items removed from the boat when bolt on mods were done
-Extra set of 4 spark plugs

Once again I'm sure that I have left something out, I'll update ad if I remember other stuff.

THIS BOAT LITERALLY HAS EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO TAKE IT STRAIGHT TO THE WATER, EVEN AN ALMOST FULL FUEL TANK. JUST LOAD YOUR DRINKS AND SNACKS IN CASE YOU GET HUNGRY!
Right Side.jpgLeft Side.jpg20210223_173057.jpg20210223_172830.jpg20210223_172837.jpg20210223_173019.jpg20210223_172902.jpg20210223_172906.jpgAGM Batteries.jpgOn Board Charger.jpgCobra Jet Steering.jpgBunk Lights.jpgBoat Buckles.jpg60%22 Guide Ons.jpgSpare Tire & Cover.jpgFender lines.jpgHull Hugr Open.jpgYamaha Board and Wake Booster.pngWakeboards.pngTube.jpg

Last edited:
Wow..Great listing! Whats your plan...upgrading?

Yeah, eventually.

But first another rental property and possibly a pool.

Good Luck..shouldn't have a problem these days.

Wow.
Amazing boat. Awesome setup.
I would argue this is Yamaha's best X-tower, they started cutting corners with the newer ones. This tower is bad azz, retails new about 14k, uninstalled... (otherwise I would have one on top of my AR240, lol).

I hope you stick around forum, love reading your posts!

--

I have the same exact boat with almost identical hours and accessories purchased last spring (pre-pandemic pricing). I would love to know what its worth today, I'm fairly certain I can get more than I paid for it. I look forward to following your sale, good luck!

Wow.
Amazing boat. Awesome setup.
I would argue this is Yamaha's best X-tower, they started cutting corners with the newer ones. This tower is bad azz, retails new about 14k, uninstalled... (otherwise I would have one on top of my AR240, lol).

I hope you stick around forum, love reading your posts!

--

I plan on sticking around.

The wife wants a 27ft yamaha. But she also wants a lake house. I'm trying to get to where I can buy the lake house, so that I can get 27ft for her.

Bump

Last edited:
Sold today to a gentleman from the Lake Lanier area. Says he been lurking around the forum a bit, and that he planning on joining. Hopefully he does, the info here is priceless.

mind if i ask what you sold for?

Asking price.

nice- congrats@!

Asking price.

$70K - NICE WORK!!! I bought my 2017 242x same color scheme, same hours, similarly equipped for $18K less a year ago pre-pandemic pricing. Good to know it’s worth more than I bought it for. As much as we love it, It would be hard for me to say no to a $70K offer. Congrats!!!

Last edited:
WOW. Eye opening. Thanks for this reference.

Back