• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2017 Yamaha AR 190

maxca1965

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hi Everyone,
my jetboat has not power when i 6 people are on boat only 15 miles/h can reach
when i am with another person works better, but the maximum miles can reach is 35 miles/h
there is also a sound on jet drive but after planing it will disappear.
Anybody ever had this problem?
Thanks !
Max.

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Was out on my '17 AR190 yesterday with 3 adults 4 kids, and a 50lb dog. Maintaining 30mph was no problem. Had a top speed into the wind of about 38mph. Something is awry with your boat.

First things first.....

What elevation are you boating at?
What is the max RPM you are seeing on the tachometer?

This will tell us if you have a power/engine problem, or a pump/impeller issue.

If you are getting full RPM (7500+), and are at or near sea level. Then you have an impeller/pump issue. If you are not getting full revs, or are significantly above sea level you have an engine/power issue.

Power is typically spark plug related. Not much else to move/add/change on these motors, so start there.

Pump/Impeller issues are usually a damaged impeller, debris in the stator, poor clearance between the impeller and the wear ring, or poorly sealed intake tunnel.

We can help with all those things, just need to get some info first :D

maxca1965

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hey thank you so much for the quick response !:thumbsup:
The max RPM i am seeing on the tachometer is (7500+) i normally boat in deep lakes.
i just put new spark plug gap at .031
I've changed the wear ring or housing impeller but still have the same impeller there is another piece that is next to housing impeller i don't like i will send picture soon.
best,
Max.

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hey thank you so much for the quick response !:thumbsup:
The max RPM i am seeing on the tachometer is (7500+) i normally boat in deep lakes.
i just put new spark plug gap at .031
I've changed the wear ring or housing impeller but still have the same impeller there is another piece that is next to housing impeller i don't like i will send picture soon.
best,
Max.
Sorry for the delayed response here. Sounds like you have all the right parts in there, and are getting good revs. I suspect it's not a power problem, but a traction problem.

How "hooked up" does the boat feel. From a standing/still start, if you go full throttle to get on plane, does it feel like it's putting the power down well, or does it feel like it's "spinning it's tires" trying to get going. It should just hookup and GO, if it's slipping at all, that's cavitation and you should look into it.

Could be as simple as something stuck in the pump like fishing line, or a plastic bag or something like that. I've had pieces of wood just over the size of a toothpick cause problems for me in the past. If you have the boat on the trailer, it might be worth the time to pull the pump and visually inspect the impeller, wear ring, and stator. EVEN if they are brand new with only a few hours on them. Could've picked up some debris, or dinged the impeller since the last time you looked at it.

maxca1965

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Sorry for the delayed response here. Sounds like you have all the right parts in there, and are getting good revs. I suspect it's not a power problem, but a traction problem.

How "hooked up" does the boat feel. From a standing/still start, if you go full throttle to get on plane, does it feel like it's putting the power down well, or does it feel like it's "spinning it's tires" trying to get going. It should just hookup and GO, if it's slipping at all, that's cavitation and you should look into it.

Could be as simple as something stuck in the pump like fishing line, or a plastic bag or something like that. I've had pieces of wood just over the size of a toothpick cause problems for me in the past. If you have the boat on the trailer, it might be worth the time to pull the pump and visually inspect the impeller, wear ring, and stator. EVEN if they are brand new with only a few hours on them. Could've picked up some debris, or dinged the impeller since the last time you looked at it.

maxca1965

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hi no a problem !
i got some pictures maybe it can help to figure out
the impeller housing 2 is the old one the # 1 is with liner is gaping .024
do you think the # 2 should be change it ? with the impeller ?
Best,
Max

Attachments

maxca1965

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thank you so much budy ! i will do that tomorrow and let you how it went !

maxca1965

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thank you so much budy ! i will do that tomorrow and let you how it went !
I would consider sealing the intake tunnel. You can see what I did to mine in this thread.

Hi Sir,
i did all that but not good improvement !
i was 4 people only 26 mph .. hard to plane
do you think with ribbon delete and install the flame arrestor wil increase a bit more ?
is this the one for that boat?
5https://www.knfilters.com/59-2030-marine-flame-arrestor

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hi Sir,
i did all that but not good improvement !
i was 4 people only 26 mph .. hard to plane
do you think with ribbon delete and install the flame arrestor wil increase a bit more ?
is this the one for that boat?
5https://www.knfilters.com/59-2030-marine-flame-arrestor
Something is incorrect if you're only getting 26mph and it's hard to plane. Again, was out this weekend on mine and 2 adults and 2 kids was able to reach 41mph.

Have you check the clearance between the wear ring and the impeller. I think the tolerance there is around 0.030in. If the boat isn't cavitating, then you're losing thrust somewhere.

Is the reverse bucket retracting upwards full out of the jet stream in the forward position?

Is the steering stiff or difficult at all?

Are you running the L13 cone or the stock cone?

maxca1965

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Something is incorrect if you're only getting 26mph and it's hard to plane. Again, was out this weekend on mine and 2 adults and 2 kids was able to reach 41mph.

Have you check the clearance between the wear ring and the impeller. I think the tolerance there is around 0.030in. If the boat isn't cavitating, then you're losing thrust somewhere.

Is the reverse bucket retracting upwards full out of the jet stream in the forward position? i will check that

Is the steering stiff or difficult at all? No, that is ok.

Are you running the L13 cone or the stock cone?

No i am running the original one
but i will check again and put more sealant !

The tolerance in the wear ring and the impeller is now 0.024 in.

Thanks,i will let you know if i get more speed !

Best,
Max.

ellj

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Did you ever figure out a fix to this?