• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2017 Yamaha AR210 Water Bypass Valves

henderss

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
The water bypass valves are busted off my AR210, so I picked up some new parts from ADA Racing (2-Water Bypass - 1/2 45 degree & 1- Bilge Outlet - 3/4 inch), and thought, how difficult can this be?! Well, after taking a closer look, I don't see a way to access the existing valves. Does anyone out there have any experience swapping these out? I would appreciate any tips and hints. Thanks

I did these today on my 2016 212x. The 2 outlets are starboard side, toward the back of the opening once the cushion is removed. The bilge pump outlet is easily accessible through the swim deck speaker hole.

Thanks for your response. Unfortunately, I don't have swim deck speakers, so that's a no go. Out of curiosity, which cushion are you referring to when you say, "once the cushion is removed"? The starboard, rear storage one?

Yes, the starboard side behind the captain chair. Once thats removed, you can access both bypass nozzles... they are up high inside there, look for the black 1/2" hose lines running to the side of the hull. Without rear speakers, you're gonna have to climb in that storage area to get back there, maybe a small child can help, no way I was gonna fit in there. Fortunately while I was looking in there I saw the magnet from the speaker.
OR, you could cut an access hole in the side of the wall inside the engine bay. Do the same as the access cover on the port side in there.That will put you right on the bilge nozzle

Also, I saved and reused the OEM rubber gaskets for the new nozzles since they didnt come with any.
BTW, I needed to ream the holes a bit for the bypass valves. The hull was a little too tight, I used a drill bit and went around and reamed the fiberglass just a bit on each.

Great! I appreciate the specifics. Guess I'll have to promise my wife a lobster dinner, and maybe she'll climb in there for me! ;)

Yess!!! I had mine hold the outside housing while I cranked the inside so it wouldn't turn.I get her some rum, she jams out to the radio while I work and she's always on deck for a spare set of hands. Win Win!!!

Back