• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2017 Yamaha SX210 display

Kpolk

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Anyone know where to find a 2017 SX210 display for Yamaha? Or anything that will work in place of? We’ve had one on back order for a year now. In order to operate safely we really need the display. Very frustrated with Yamaha on this.

Does everything else work on the boat? My screen went out along with the switches. Ended up being main fuse.

with that being said, my friend ordered one last winter and got it in 3 days. Plenty of websites have them in stock.

Actually this display thing is a pretty big problem - Kpolk - what model is your display?
Adrianp - can you or anyone advise on certain websites with known parts that are actually available?

We had two rare days of 70 degree weather so I unwrapped my 2018 242 and took her out - everything was fine until suddenly the screen went all blue/purple lines and died. My local Yamaha shop tells me the display units on the 2016-2019 models have been dying and the screen display unit is back ordered 1 year plus.

The model I need is F3F-U8K12-60-00. It's a whopping $2,400-$2,800. I see websites with them but when you go to click on the part, it says backordered. Nearly 3k is a lot of money to swipe a card on a random parts website to then get into another long delay/order/refund situation. I don't mind going to a random parts warehouse and ordering a $200 part and if it doesn't work out, no big deal, call the cc company. But for nearly 3k that's another matter entirely. Do you know of a parts warehouse that actually has them, confirmed, in stock ready to ship? Where did your friend order from? Could use a recommendation on a legit parts website.

For those wondering what happens when your Connext screen dies - basically the following:
- nav position lights come on and stay on - only way to turn them off is with the battery switch
- bilge works in automatic but none of the switches on the dash work so you cannot manually turn on the bilge
- any functions on the display cannot be performed - transom shower, nav, fuel levels, radio, etc.
- if by chance you are lucky like I was and the Fusion radio is on bluetooth mode, the radio stays default on and you can control it with the phone app. But not on the dash.
- none of the interior/tower lights/etc are accessible, so my night boating on the bay looks to not be happening this year.
- engines work fine, engines work fine. No issues there. Just a blind dash which reminds me of my 1995 Four Winns that had a dead dash for years.

But I have a 2018 boat and loan payments on this one so I'm not happy about being blind on speed, fuel, etc. especially since I routinely take her out in the ocean.

My dealer tells me (yesterday) Yamaha has a 1plus year backorder because Yamaha got into an argument with the supplier and the supplier (Activision of the software fame) is not producing. To the point they won't even schedule me in for an appointment because "it won't be in 2023". if the dealers can't get the parts, I'm suspect that none of these parts websites can either.

Unhappy spring over here with a dark boat.....we don't exactly get a long season up this way so the "suck factor" is rather high right now.

I just ordered my 7 inch replacement for my 15 242 Limited S from Partzilla.vom and I got it within a week…

I just checked their site and the wait is 102-107 days for your specific model.

Attachments

• IMG_5694.png
    IMG_5694.png
    444.8 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:
I just ordered my 7 inch replacement for my 15 242 Limited S from Partzilla.vom and I got it within a week…

I just checked their site and the wait is 102-107 days for your specific model.
We’ve had it paid for ordered through Babbitts and it’s been a year and haven’t gotten it yet.

Thanks for the Partszilla recommendation. I guess I'll plunk down the $2400 or whatever it is and see if it comes in. 107 days brings me to early August, so maybe I'll be able to fit some late summer night ocean action in......*sigh*

No word of a lie - this morning I got into my Jeep and the 10" touch screen flashed white screen and went blank. Another vehicle that is controlled mostly by a touch screen. God help us all. It came back when I turned it off and restarted. Too bad that didn't work with the boat.

You can try and check boat salvage yards for destroyed boats for parts. Just a thought.

Thanks for the Partszilla recommendation. I guess I'll plunk down the $2400 or whatever it is and see if it comes in. 107 days brings me to early August, so maybe I'll be able to fit some late summer night ocean action in......*sigh*

No word of a lie - this morning I got into my Jeep and the 10" touch screen flashed white screen and went blank. Another vehicle that is controlled mostly by a touch screen. God help us all. It came back when I turned it off and restarted. Too bad that didn't work with the boat.

If you are still under YES - they may reimburse you.

If you are still under YES - they may reimburse you.
I had a seat repaired under warranty by a local upholstery company. Yamaha won't directly reimburse the boat owner. The local dealer had to get authorization for the repair, then the dealer had to pay the shop, and Yamaha reimbursed the dealer. Before going this route, I waited a year for a new seat to come in.

This probably doesn't help for you model screen but... I had a conext screen on order for over a year with the dealer on a warranty claim. Finally got tired of waiting about a month ago and called yamaha directly with my claim number given to me by my dealership. I had the screen in less than a week. Told the dealer it wasn't worth my time bringing them the boat, took my old screen to them and they handed me the new one. I'm not sure but, it might be worth harassing yamaha customer service. not sure if there is any follow through with the dealership on these parts, Of course if is not available....

Back