• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2018 242 Limited E series Tower Rack Options

Scoop

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited E-Series
Boat Length
So far I have been using the Ski locker which works, but it is getting pretty crowded with 4 skis and a wakeboard. I would like to buy a tower rack that could hold skis, wakeboards and maybe also a wake surfing board. Does anyone make a rack that can hold skis, wakeboards and wake surf boards? If not I guess a rack that could hold just the skis would free up plenty of space in the locker for the remaining items.

I reviewed the threads on racks and it appears some of the aftermarket racks will not position properly on the Yamahas towers. I would be willing to spend the extra cash for a Yamaha rack if they are worth it. What do you guys think?

If anyone has a picture of their rack on a similar boat to post I would appreciate it.

Thanks.

I just went through this search last night after finding that my Monster wakeboard rack doesn't fit my new surfboard... so ordered another Monster rack with swivel for wakeboard and a surfboard. Not cheap, but after looking through all the reviews of the knock off ones I decided to just bite the bullet. I ordered the 2.5" clamp for my 2020 tower. Skis are a bit more difficult, rack-wise, as they need their own device due to length.

Another thought is that the bungee retention on most wakeboard style racks will damage wakesurf boards. Get a vertical or one that uses a clamp system to hold the boards down.

Back