• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2018 242x Motor Mount Shims/vibration

swensy77

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Hello all,

I had some service done on our boat and they needed to warranty a mount. Long story short now I have a vibration that was not there, they tell me its in my head and honestly not worth the 3 hour drive to the dealer to hear the same thing. I talked to a few people and they said its because they didnt shim it properly when they replace the mount. I do not have a local expert on these boats around here and was hoping someone can shed some light on how to do this, I am mechanically inclined, just not on boats and now that this one is out of warranty I am willing to give it a try..... thoughts?