• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2018 AR190 Water in Ski Locker

JetterB

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hey all, quick question(s) to verify all is working as intended (hopefully).

Was spraying my boat (2018 AR190) out after a day on the water and naturally had a lot of water in the ski locker from the hose but it wasn't draining. I thought the drain might be clogged so I sprayed the hose directly into it but still wasn't draining. I opened the engine compartment and noticed the plug from the ski locker (I think?) was open so the water should have been draining into there. I flipped the bilge pump on and it immediately started dumping tons of water. My question(s):

Does the ski locker drain into the engine compartment? If not, where should it be draining? I had the hose against the ski locker drain going for 10 seconds or so multiple times but nothing was coming out of the back which is what made me look in the engine compartment.

From the scenario above, is this normal/how it should be? I have read many people keep the plug from ski locker to engine compartment open/closed so not sure what the ideal situation is with that.

I have read the bilge pump, even with battery switch off, is on.. therefore, it should have kicked on and dumped the water right? But it did not do that until I physically flipped the switch.

gt5pilot

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I believe the ski locker is lower than the bilge, you have to get the bow of the boat up to get it to drain into the back.

sunbyrned

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
My bilge does not kick on until the battery is on and I flip the switch as you’re mentioning. Not the case for most others though it seems.🤷‍♂️

Stealth

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
I just tested this on mine. I have a 2022 195S, the bilge will auto turn on with the battery in the off position if I add enough water with a hose.

ezrider

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252S
Boat Length
Hey all, quick question(s) to verify all is working as intended (hopefully).

Was spraying my boat (2018 AR190) out after a day on the water and naturally had a lot of water in the ski locker from the hose but it wasn't draining. I thought the drain might be clogged so I sprayed the hose directly into it but still wasn't draining. I opened the engine compartment and noticed the plug from the ski locker (I think?) was open so the water should have been draining into there. I flipped the bilge pump on and it immediately started dumping tons of water. My question(s):

Does the ski locker drain into the engine compartment? If not, where should it be draining? I had the hose against the ski locker drain going for 10 seconds or so multiple times but nothing was coming out of the back which is what made me look in the engine compartment.

From the scenario above, is this normal/how it should be? I have read many people keep the plug from ski locker to engine compartment open/closed so not sure what the ideal situation is with that.

I have read the bilge pump, even with battery switch off, is on.. therefore, it should have kicked on and dumped the water right? But it did not do that until I physically flipped the switch.

I have the same issue with my 252S and have yet to figure out how to get the water out. I think it may just be clogged. Something I will be mentioning when I take it in for service before the season starts. If you have figured it out please let me know as I know this was an older post. Thank you.