• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2018 SX190

rayg1022

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
can someone experienced answer my question, we dropped off our boat to the dealer we have 35 miles on it and they wanted to charge us $540.00 for the 100 hours or 6 months column in the attached file. Please note this boat is hardly used and is garaged when not in use. The fuel additive etc has been added when needed etc

Attachments

rayg1022

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
watch youtube, do it your self.
My question is with the low millage and garaged does it need everything on that list? Not the answer I was looking for bud. Looking for more details.

FLBulldogger

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
So did you take the boat back home or did you let them do the service? If they did the service then I would think you thought the service was worth it. That said, maintenance is always an owners choice, just like a car or truck, some folks choose to take it to the shop and others choose to do it themselves, and others dont do anything. The checklist you provided is close to what the owners manual reflects but it looks like the dealer has some additional services they do.
Not real clear why you would take the boat in after 35 miles (I suspect you mean hours of use) if your next service was not due until 100 hrs or 6 months, Yamaha calls for them at 100 hrs or 12 months. But if you are trying to stay on top of the maintenance that's cool. But if you take your boat to a dealer expect to pay a pretty penny, most shops around here charge at least $100 a hour to work on a boat. These are from my 2018 owners manual:
2020-07-11 (2).png2020-07-11 (4).png