• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Reminder of the Thrust Vector and Lateral Thruster group buy through JetBoatPilot.....you only have Until AUGUST 31st. to get in on this group buy.
    With a Maximum discount of 35% this is the highest discount you can get on these, so don't miss out!
    So if you are looking to improve your steering-either forwards or in reverse.....this sale may be for you!  

Thank you Will @jetboatpilot for offering this exclusively to JETBOATERS.net members!

(You can click the X to the right to dismiss this notice)

2018 Yamaha 242 Limited S E-series Bimini Top

Kernsy

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
My wife and I spent all day yesterday cleaning our boat up. Man, was she was dirty. Anyway, the last thing we did not get around to was the bimini top. It looked really dirty.

We cleaned the travel cover with Dawn soap & a broom and got it looking really good.

If for some reason our bimini top would need to be replaced, which one would it be? I looked them up and it mentions California. Ours is a charcoal gray.

I about had a heart attack after looking at the prices of the new ones.
Praying this one cleans up good.

Thanks
Darren Kerns
2018 Yamaha 242 Limited S E-series

Update:
Got the bimini top all cleaned up last night & it looks good. All is good.

Thanks
Darren

I used Dawn soap in a 5 gallon bucket with a broom from the Dollar Store. The bristles were not too stiff. The bad spots required my hand held nylon bristle brush. I laid it out across my concrete driveway and got down to clean those spots by hand. I just took my time and I was really happy how it all cleaned up.
Darren

I used Dawn soap in a 5 gallon bucket with a broom from the Dollar Store. The bristles were not too stiff. The bad spots required my hand held nylon bristle brush. I laid it out across my concrete driveway and got down to clean those spots by hand. I just took my time and I was really happy how it all cleaned up.
Darren
I had the same scare when seeing prices for these tops, and now supply is going to be an issue as well. I clean mine about the same way you did, but I also finish it off with an application of 303 Fabric Guard. I use it on the mooring cover too. My bimini was replaced by the original owner in 2016, and it still looks good. I do not leave it up all winter , and I remove it if we are trailering more than 20 miles or will be travelling over 60 mph.

I use 303 on my seats. I will definitely use on my mooring cover and bimini. I plan on not leaving it on to when going down the highway too.

I am glad you said something about the 303. I always forgot about putting that stuff on.
Thanks
Darren

I use 303 on my seats. I will definitely use on my mooring cover and bimini. I plan on not leaving it on to when going down the highway too.

I am glad you said something about the 303. I always forgot about putting that stuff on.
Thanks
Darren
20200501_160424.jpg

I use the Protectant. I need to get some Fabric Guard. I do not have any of that.

Thanks for helping me!!

Back