• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2019 212x throttle control

jsg73

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
When looking at the specs, I cannot tell if it has the same speed control for surfing as the 242x.
Does it?

MGoMike

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
When looking at the specs, I cannot tell if it has the same speed control for surfing as the 242x.
Does it?
No, it doesn’t. No real speed control for surfing. You’ll have to get something like the Ridesteady for GPS speed control. I got a 2019 212x and speed control is on my upgrade list for next year.

jsg73

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Thanks. Seemed very confusing in the Yamaha documentation.

MGoMike

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Thanks. Seemed very confusing in the Yamaha documentation.
Yeah, I was bummed that the 2019 212x didn’t come with speed control. Maybe the 2020 model will.

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Yeah, I was bummed that the 2019 212x didn’t come with speed control. Maybe the 2020 model will.
It could be a blessing in disguise, if you get the RideSteady you will never want to go back to the Yamaha factory system.

--

MNJets

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
With the help of this group, I purchased the Hydrophase Ridesteady system over the Perfect Pass system in March, 2020. I'm fluent in home remodel and residential wiring but I was a bit intimidated with the install in a boat - my biggest fear was screwing up an expensive boat. I spent 2-3 hours researching YouTube videos and finding other people who documented their installs to ensure I was considering every angle and aspect. I put 40 hours on my 2019 212X prior to installing the Ridesteady system. The boat is primarily used for water sports - surfing, wakeboarding and slalom skiing. The 17-19 mph speed can be the most difficult to hold due to the boat wanting to plane out. Coming from somebody who used to put 30% of my focus on speed control and 70% of my focus on captain duties, having a GPS based speed control system has been great and allowed me to put more focus on boat safety and rider safety.