• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2019 242 se 65,999 is that a good price

rodrg

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I am testing tomorrow a 2019 242 SE 80hrs, selling price is 65,999. do you guys think is a fair price? i see the new 2020 around 72K.
any input will be appreciated.
thanks

ShesCrafty

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Get a complete record of service directly from the dealer/certified repair shop - hull, engines, electrical, etc. 80 hours is a fair bit of use in one season, give or take.

As for the price, there may be others who have first hand knowledge on this... but I do believe $65k is about what dealers were asking for new, leftover 2019s, at least before demand went through the roof in April. I think that price is high... but again, boats are in high demand.

good luck!

rodrg

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
owners says he purchased the extended Yamaha warranty and also did a 50hr service already.

KrodWhodat

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I am testing tomorrow a 2019 242 SE 80hrs, selling price is 65,999. do you guys think is a fair price? i see the new 2020 around 72K.
any input will be appreciated.
thanks

I just bought the same boat, 2019 242SE limited, with 18hours and mine was listed at $65,999. I got it for $63k and I was happy to get it. I had 2 different boats sold from under me wondering about price. The demand is high and there are 10 people waiting for that boat If you don’t want it. It may be a little high but if you want to boat this summer grab it. If you wait I think there will be an influx of boats on the market for next year because people are buying them for this year to do something during Covid. The thought I have is how many of the boats will be taken care of right knowing they are selling next year.

rodrg

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I just bought the same boat, 2019 242SE limited, with 18hours and mine was listed at $65,999. I got it for $63k and I was happy to get it. I had 2 different boats sold from under me wondering about price. The demand is high and there are 10 people waiting for that boat If you don’t want it. It may be a little high but if you want to boat this summer grab it. If you wait I think there will be an influx of boats on the market for next year because people are buying them for this year to do something during Covid. The thought I have is how many of the boats will be taken care of right knowing they are selling next year.
thanks for the input i think i will buy it pending sea trial tomorrow. quick question to you. owner says warranty its transferable. i looked in the website and it says i needs to be inspected by a certified dealer. did you have to do that?

KrodWhodat

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
thanks for the input i think i will buy it pending sea trial tomorrow. quick question to you. owner says warranty its transferable. i looked in the website and it says i needs to be inspected by a certified dealer. did you have to do that?
The place I bought it from was the Yamaha dealer he bought it from. He traded it in to upgrade to a 27’ boat so it was transferred. I would call your local dealer in the morning before you go and ask the process.

Gump1976

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited E-Series
Boat Length
Purchased same boat less than 2 months ago for a little less than that. Freshwater boat with 24 hrs on it though. Love it! I can’t imagine it will sit in on the market long given how quickly everything has been gobbled up in recent months. Check everything. Open everything. Get underneath if you can. +1 on getting service records. Good luck!

Krats

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
The place I bought it from was the Yamaha dealer he bought it from. He traded it in to upgrade to a 27’ boat so it was transferred. I would call your local dealer in the morning before you go and ask the process.
I just bought a 2017 242 LS with transferable extended warranty. I called the dealer with the seller and in a nut shell there's a fee for the inspection to ensure everything checks out. After I asked few common sense questions, he admitted it didn't matter. The boat is covered no matter what. It seemed to be a way for a dealer to make extra $. That was my experience for what its worth.

rodrg

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
thanks everyone. Excited to try the boat later today!! might be first time boat owner soon!!

Canuckjetboater

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
@rodrg .....BEAUTIFUL. Really like the hull colors. White sides won't fade/chalk nearly as fast as colored and a colored bottom won't show grime/water marks nearly as much as a white bottom...... IMO the perfect hull color combination! Awesome! thanks for the pictures! Cheers.