• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2019 242x SPU25-15 Communication Error

mbaldridge1980

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I’ve got a 2019 two for 2X.

This morning, my boat started giving me a communication error telling me to check the depth transducer and a stereo error, both saying check auxiliary CAN.

Within about 15 minutes, I started getting multiple communication errors, including joystick, SPU 25–15, gps and Pump controller.

When I start my boat now the blower goes on and off like it’s losing the connection. If I try to turn the lights on, they flash on and off. My depth finder will randomly start working as well.

And t light on my joystick is flashing.

I’ve disconnected batteries, checked all plug connectors I can see and checked connections on the battery switch. All seem fine.

battery voltage on both batteries is reading 12.8.

Both engines start fine and I still have engine and drive control with my throttle lever but keypad and joystick are inoperable.

Any ideas?

mbaldridge1980

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
UPDATE: figured out it was my depth transducer. I turned batteries off, unplugged transducer, turned batteries back on and all but the transducer communication error went away. I suppose now I’ll be reading posts on how to replace the transducer :)