• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2019 AR195 WOT only 6800rpm

80sarcade

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
I have a 2019 AR195 26hrs. Last season was in the 7600rpm range. Noticed this season only hitting 6800. Top speed at 7600 was 51 now only in the low to mid 40's. Seems to run fine. Clean out port is clean, three pissers flowing. Did the 10 hour oil change.
Any suggestions on that to look at?

jgourlie

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
Too much oil, spark plugs, damaged impeller, or check your clamps could be a boost leak.

FLBulldogger

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
You also may want to check your throttle cable to make sure it is moving to the stopper.
Also take a peek in the tunnel to see if you need to silicone to prevent cavitation.

80sarcade

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Oil is correct level, checked while on the water. Throttle is hitting the stop at full Throttle. Checked SC hoses where I could. Nothing looked loose. Spark plugs will be next.

80sarcade

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
What WOT rpm are most AR195's seeing?

jEt_jAk

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
WOT I see 7200-7500. Water temp and air temp impact it heavily. Still usually around 50MPH though. I don’t think I have ever seen 7800RPM.

DrCalculator

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
My 18 is right around 8000
Really? That's impressive, any mods?

Today I was pulling tubes in my 2020 AR195. I think maybe I had a heat soak issue, was only getting to 6800, it felt very sluggish. Afterward I checked oil, it seems like maybe too much in there, so I took some out, but from the dipstick I have a hard time reading the actual level, it could still be over filled.

After cooling off and pulling out some oil, took it back out, hit 7500 at wot, got to 46mph max. Just me, low fuel. After going around a bit, going in circles, trying to work the engine the rpm at full throttle dropped to around 7350, top speed to 44mph. Still much better than the 6800 from earlier, so I don't know what to think, maybe pulling out some oil helped, but I think there still may be something else going on.

One dumb question:. Looking in the engine compartment, I didn't notice a particular place where the air that feeds the engine is supposed to come from. I see the intake with the filter, and the cutout on the side of that, but where is it expected that all the air comes into the engine compartment?

Also, as another note, the first pisser is pretty hot, the other two seems cold.

Crob83

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Really? That's impressive, any mods?

Today I was pulling tubes in my 2020 AR195. I think maybe I had a heat soak issue, was only getting to 6800, it felt very sluggish. Afterward I checked oil, it seems like maybe too much in there, so I took some out, but from the dipstick I have a hard time reading the actual level, it could still be over filled.

After cooling off and pulling out some oil, took it back out, hit 7500 at wot, got to 46mph max. Just me, low fuel. After going around a bit, going in circles, trying to work the engine the rpm at full throttle dropped to around 7350, top speed to 44mph. Still much better than the 6800 from earlier, so I don't know what to think, maybe pulling out some oil helped, but I think there still may be something else going on.

One dumb question:. Looking in the engine compartment, I didn't notice a particular place where the air that feeds the engine is supposed to come from. I see the intake with the filter, and the cutout on the side of that, but where is it expected that all the air comes into the engine compartment?

Also, as another note, the first pisser is pretty hot, the other two seems cold.
I was wrong it's more around 7500. I have a BOV and a K&N filter, and a catch can. None of which give me anymore Rpms I don't think. Runs like a scolded dog for sure, the more I drive it, the more I love it. Thing is a beast

DrCalculator

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
I was wrong it's more around 7500. I have a BOV and a K&N filter, and a catch can. None of which give me anymore Rpms I don't think. Runs like a scolded dog for sure, the more I drive it, the more I love it. Thing is a beast
Ok....now I need to Google what a catch can is and why I definitely need one :)

DrCalculator

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Lol, just search the thread "SVHO owners" on here. Great thread to read thru
Yep, I'm looking at it now. Still wondering how the air gets into the engine compartment...

Crob83

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Yep, I'm looking at it now. Still wondering how the air gets into the engine compartment...
Thru the same holes that the blower blows air out of below the swim deck cushions

Last edited:

DrCalculator

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Thru the same holes that the blower blows air out of below the swing deck cushions
Interesting, so, if the blower is running, is that trying to push air the wrong direction?

DrCalculator

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
I'm trying to figure this all out, but as I understand it, the blower sucks air out of the engine compartment and ejects it behind the swim deck seat. If that same port is used for fresh air to enter the engine compartment to feed the engine, then would running the blower actually impede that airflow?

Or maybe there is a second vent hole to the engine compartment I didn't see.