• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

2019 AR240 Marine Mat Replacement

BHudson

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I just bought a used 2019 AR240 to replace my 2008 AR230. It turns out the marine mat in the new boat gets incredibly hot compared to the carpet on my old boat. I'd like to try replacing my snap in mat with a carpet kit before switching to sea deck. I like the idea of being able to easily replace the carpet down the road.

Does anyone know of an after market snap in kit for my boat...I have searched this but no luck? Or does anyone know of an option for an OEM carpet kit from another year or model Yamaha boat that would be an exact fit for my boat? I'm also looking into a local upholstery shop to make a replacement kit for me.

To be clear, I would like to get actual marine grade carpet instead of the grey mat that gets really hot in the sun.

If you read their website features it says it does not blow out. No I don’t have it (mine is gatorstep) but it came on some boats I’ve been on and it’s also used by fisherman since you can wash guts and blood directly through it. If you don’t want seadek or gatorstep (I feel gatorstep is cooler than my seadek would get) then Deckadence is a nice compromise. I did not care for the factory Yamaha dark charcoal carpet as it gets real hot like molten lava unless it’s wet. Then when it’s wet it’s just a nasty feeling not to mention having to maintain it each outing by pulling it out to dry. Deckadence doesn’t have that issue. Check their site out and look at videos online. It’s pretty cool stuff and you can go all custom printing if you wanted to.

Last edited:
If you read their website features it says it does not blow out. No I don’t have it (mine is gatorstep) but it came on some boats I’ve been on and it’s also used by fisherman since you can wash guts and blood directly through it. If you don’t want seadek or gatorstep (I feel gatorstep is cooler than my seadek would get) then Deckadence is a nice compromise. I did not care for the factory Yamaha dark charcoal carpet as it gets real hot like molten lava unless it’s wet. Then when it’s wet it’s just a nasty feeling not to mention having to maintain it each outing by pulling it out to dry. Deckadence doesn’t have that issue. Check their site out and look at videos online. It’s pretty cool stuff and you can go all custom printing if you wanted to.

I talked to a guy who has Deckadence in his boat and he said it gets pretty hot. That stuff looks nice, but I really want something that I know doesn't get hot on the feet...

The carpet gets super hot too so not sure what to suggest for you.

I have 2 sets of oem snap in grey carpet from a 2016 ar240 i would sell very reasonable, if interested pm me. It will be the same cockpit layout

The carpet gets super hot too so not sure what to suggest for you.

Thanks for the ideas...I suppose everything gets hot in the summer sun in AZ. I remember the carpet in my 08 AR230 being easier on the bare feet than the mat in my new boat. If I can't find a carpet solution I'll explore some of the other options.

I have 2 sets of oem snap in grey carpet from a 2016 ar240 i would sell very reasonable, if interested pm me. It will be the same cockpit layout

I sent you a message

Just got back from a week at Powell...the carpet worked great...much better temp on our feet than the 2019 OEM mats.

Back