• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2019 Scarab 165ID winterization questions

Bdrinkard

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
165 ID
Boat Length
Hello, I am admittedly very new to this. I need to winterize my boat. The dealer says there is a 3 week waiting list and it cost $180 for the no freeze special. I would have to leave it at the dealer and I do not have a cover (I normally keep it in my garage) so I am not fond of that aspect either. To top it off I am going out of the country in November and I not even sure I would be here to pick it up when they finish. All this to say I need help. I only have 6 hours on the boat so I do not think I need to change the oil or spark plugs right now.
What do I need to do to ensure no water will freeze in the exhaust?
I have read and watched videos about running air and antifreeze through the exhaust. Exactly what type of antifreeze and how much?
The dealer states they would flush engine block? What does this mean? I thought it was closed loop.
They also say they would coat engine with corrosion inhibitor. What kind and what am I spraying exactly?
Lastly they would lube all lubrication points. What points exactly and what kind of lube?
I believe I understand the fuel treatment and battery so no help needed there.
Am I missing anything?
I apologize for the long post and possibly dumb questions but I feel like I am in a tight spot and any help would be greatly appreciated.

Luc Lafreniere

Jetboaters Captain
Staff member
Scarab Forum Lead
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
165 G
Boat Length
I started writing a long post to explain everything. There's a lot to write here to explain everything lol. How about you find me on Facebook (assuming you have an account, if not I also have Google Hangouts, Whatsapp, etc.). Luc Lafrenière PM me there I can walk you through everything and answer any other questions you may have. I'm starting to know this boat inside and out after three seasons of doing everything myself.

What's important to note: none of this is very difficult to do. So don't be intimidated.

Bdrinkard

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
165 ID
Boat Length
Thanks Luc! Will do. I was hoping you would answer me.