• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Reminder of the Thrust Vector and Lateral Thruster group buy through JetBoatPilot.....you only have Until AUGUST 31st. to get in on this group buy.
    With a Maximum discount of 35% this is the highest discount you can get on these, so don't miss out!
    So if you are looking to improve your steering-either forwards or in reverse.....this sale may be for you!  

Thank you Will @jetboatpilot for offering this exclusively to JETBOATERS.net members!

(You can click the X to the right to dismiss this notice)

2019 SCARAB 195G, Single - 4-TEC 200 w/Catalyst, O2 Sensor Replacement Process

fostebrian

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
195 G
Boat Length
Engine service light appeared (no visible codes on dashboard). I took the boat to my local dealer for a diagnostic. The downstream O2 Sensor is the issue. Recommendation is to "rebuild the entire Catalyst system for $3,300 ish, or do a temporary fix of replacing the two O2 sensors for $1200. Boat has 61 total hours at the time of the code. It had the usual 50 hour service about 2 months ago. I decided I would fix it myself (two sensors with seals were about $200 from the dealer). I would simply replace the the sensors but the dealer was kind enough to take a photo of the two sensors. The downstream sensor looked very nasty, almost corroded. I figure some moisture must be getting in that area. So, since the sensors come with the seals that go on either side of the catalyst body, I thought I would just pull it off and put the new seals in....However! I am confused about the way water cools and is this ocean water or sealed/closed-loop water? The service manual requires the water supply tube be removed from the catalyst at some point in the disassembly. I did not want to dump actual coolant and end up with air in the line if this is a closed system. Unfortunately, I am unable to determine what is what concerning the type of water being supplied. I am not a SCARAB mechanic but I have replaced the entire catalytic converter and O2 sensors on a RAV4, lol. So, I do not fear the engine but I would like some advice to remedy what I perceive is the need to seal up that catalyst a bit better after installing the new sensors. I am not made of money to carelessly toss money at repairs. I take care of my things and $200 sure is better than the alternative. But, I would appreciate any advice if anyone has noticed the O2 Sensor Bulletin for 2018 or has had a similar issue and replaced the O2 sensors and seals that the part comes with. Thank you.

Attachments

Back