• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2019 Scarab 215

Ragu85

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
215 ID
Boat Length
Hi all. This group has helped in the past, so hoping you will again!! I live in Maryland and prior to dropping my boat in the water this Spring, wanted to ensure everything was working properly. I've kept the (new) batteries on trickle-charge over the winter, but now it won't start. When I turn the key, the dashboard comes up, all the gauges and horn work, and the throttle is in neutral. However, neither jet will start - nothing happens, no noise or indication that it's even trying to turn-over. I've removed and reconnected the kill switch as well, just in case that may be the issue. Any thoughts/recommendations?

Luc Lafreniere

Jetboaters Captain
Staff member
Scarab Forum Lead
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
165 G
Boat Length
Check and optionally replace the relays in the fuse box by the battery. It's a likely problem based on your description.

Ragu85

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
215 ID
Boat Length
Thanks. Though I'm not really sure how to check or what I'm looking for, but will perhaps it will become obvious. Will circle back if any follow-ups. Thanks again.

Luc Lafreniere

Jetboaters Captain
Staff member
Scarab Forum Lead
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
165 G
Boat Length
Two relays in that fuse box. They are obvious. Black little boxes. The easiest thing to do is to buy replacements. Many brands work and they are cheap. I recommend keeping spares onboard as well. Alternatively, YouTube how to test relays. But if you don't have that expertise or tools, just blanket replace them.