• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Reminder of the Thrust Vector and Lateral Thruster group buy through JetBoatPilot.....you only have Until AUGUST 31st. to get in on this group buy.
    With a Maximum discount of 35% this is the highest discount you can get on these, so don't miss out!
    So if you are looking to improve your steering-either forwards or in reverse.....this sale may be for you!  

Thank you Will @jetboatpilot for offering this exclusively to JETBOATERS.net members!

(You can click the X to the right to dismiss this notice)

2019 Yamaha 242 LTD S e-series

TysBoaten

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Need some help. Purchased a 2019 Yamaha 242 LTD SE, my family absolutely loves this boat. However, we have taken eight trips so far and it will drain for 100-120 seconds when drain plug is pulled, which seems excessive. The dealership has been great working with us to find the issue but we cannot find the issue. Here are the facts as we know them.

Drains from drain plug 100-120 seconds after each use.
The trips have varied, probably a couple 90 minute trips, a few 4 hour trips and a few 5-6 hour trips. If has never been in the water more than that.
The drainage is very consistent.
I have never seen water in engine compartment or near bilge pump.
Nor have we seen water in any storage compartment.
Never had water come up and over.
It runs and drives fantastic and is in excellent condition for a 2019.

Anybody have any thoughts, anything I could look at, tests to run?
Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

I think you only missed one area.....do you see any water on top of the clean out plugs....sometimes water comes up and over whelms the drain and leaks down in the back of the boat right above the drain.

Just a thought

Thanks for the reply, I will definitely check this out.

If this is the issue how would one fix it?

On the clean out tray put a cork or rag in the drain hole jack the tongue up so the boat is at a level that will allow water to drain out the transom drain plug. Use your hose to fill the clean out tray with water the water pours out like below the concept of a drain in that area unfortunately does the opposite, water back flows into the tray. Install an inline one way valve and seal up the tray with more screws and neoprene. The rub rail can be pulled back and silicone added and also the anchor locker drain needs to be worked on or corked up

water out.jpg

sealing it.jpg

20210601_184119.jpg

I am definitely going to check this out, one thought I have is the water drainage time has been very consistent which to me means the water level in the boat is very consistent. How is water getting to this area? Are you are saying it’s splashing up there or coming from clean outs?

Water under pressure from the prop/jet comes up the clean out tube and floods the whole area the water leaks down around that center hatch but also the clean out tubes have SS clamps that clamp the tubes in place........this can also allow water to enter the bilge area......need to check clamps and the clean out plugs. A lot of folks out hear use bees wax to seal plugs and have good luck with this method. I use white lithium spray grease.......I believe Yamaha calls for silicon spray so its user choice.

Bees wax I think might last the longest.

Back