• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2020 242 Yamaha Limited SE-new to forum

lake shore real estate

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255 SE
Boat Length
Hey guys,
New to the forum and excited to be member-I just got my new 2020 Yamaha 242 Limited SE! (Looking for any tips/suggestions/products for an new jet boat owner to the Yamaha family)

Attachments

Scoop

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited E-Series
Boat Length
Be sure to replace the factory bow roller on your trailer with a Stolz roller. The factory rollers are very hard plastic and will scratch your bow. You can search this site for the exact rollers. Make sure you have a box cutter in you toolkit to enable you to cut away a line if you should suck one up. I also keep a mask in my boat in case I ever have to check out anythng under the water.

The best advice I can give is to spend some time on this site - you will learn everything you need to know right here.

Congratulations and good luck.

jim1

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Be sure to replace the factory bow roller on your trailer with a Stolz roller. The factory rollers are very hard plastic and will scratch your bow. You can search this site for the exact rollers. Make sure you have a box cutter in you toolkit to enable you to cut away a line if you should suck one up. I also keep a mask in my boat in case I ever have to check out anythng under the water.

The best advice I can give is to spend some time on this site - you will learn everything you need to know right here.

Congratulations and good luck.
I think the rollers on the 2020 galvanized trailers are different. Mine is very soft from the factory. It will leave a little rubber residue behind that can easily be wiped off, but I haven‘t noticed any scratching and the roller is pretty pliable.

Frankly, I was wondering if it’s too soft.

Last edited:

Plpbecks

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Welcome and congrats. We have really enjoyed our 2019 242SE since picking it up from wonderland last year, I’m sure you will also. What lakes do you boat on? You’re one of the lucky few that got one of these boats this year!

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Congrats on the new/nice boat. Welcome to the forum. :Welcome: Tons of good info here to help keep you safe AND on the water. Great pics!

WildCatFan54

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
May want to update your profile to the 20 / 242 LSE ? For some reason it is showing 18 / AR210 ? Also a GREAT boat but many conversations are model specific and others may be confused. Enjoy the new boat . She is a beauty !

lake shore real estate

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255 SE
Boat Length
Welcome and congrats. We have really enjoyed our 2019 242SE since picking it up from wonderland last year, I’m sure you will also. What lakes do you boat on? You’re one of the lucky few that got one of these boats this year!
Lake St. Clair-very fortunate indeed!