• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Please read the Classified Ads Posting Rules before Posting something for Sale!

Boats MUST LIST A LOCATION (State)IN THE TITLE (Seems people can't read lately)-along with Make/Model/Year

Boat 2020 242x for sale still available!

mjskulski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Nautique
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
What did you end up buying?

What FB group? I’m patiently waiting and searching for the right Year and right priced AR190. So far I’ve only seen a handful on boattrader and one or two on Craigslist.
I ended up buying 2019 Nautique G23 ... thanks for everyone's help. Jay is a great guy! If you want a yamaha this is a great one!!!

Jay Petzold

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Mine or the demo? Lol

WiskyDan

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
So the seller is in Connecticut and the boat that‘s the “better deal” is in Tennessee? What makes it a better deal, fewer hours? If you live in Tennessee it‘s a better deal but if you live in the Connecticut area, in my opinion, it’s not.

Fordman

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
222SD
Boat Length
I agree, if you live near tennessee it's a better deal, as well as the warranty still has not started until you take delivery.

Jay Petzold

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Your going to get a 1 year warranty on the demo with a cover maybe I have 2 covers with the wakebooster and warranty until 2025

Jay Petzold

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Price out a new one have fun

oneflight

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Price out a new one have fun
Hey Jay - Have you seen/driven the 255? I have a 2020 242xe like yours and was considering the same move as you are. I am not sure I could get used to the color. I would really like the automatic wakeboosters. the manual wakebooster is a pain in the butt.

What is the main driver for wanting the 255?

Jay Petzold

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hey Jay - Have you seen/driven the 255? I have a 2020 242xe like yours and was considering the same move as you are. I am not sure I could get used to the color. I would really like the automatic wakeboosters. the manual wakebooster is a pain in the butt.

What is the main driver for wanting the 255?
Not in person, Yea it’s a tough call I love this boat, I think both boats have there pros, 242 has a larger Bimini, soft ballast bags, I like how the swim platform looks better, white boat is easier to keep clean, 255 has automatic wakebooster, bigger fuel tank supercharged and drive control, latest and greatest, either way they are both nice boats

tkeru408

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Not in person, Yea it’s a tough call I love this boat, I think both boats have there pros, 242 has a larger Bimini, soft ballast bags, I like how the swim platform looks better, white boat is easier to keep clean, 255 has automatic wakebooster, bigger fuel tank supercharged and drive control, latest and greatest, either way they are both nice boats
The soft ballast bags in the 242 is a big pro for storage over the 255. I've been on the prototype 255XD and the hard ballast tanks take up most of the storage in the back half of the boat, basically leaving the head compartment and bow as the only storage areas.