• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2020 AR190 Radio head unit direct plug and play swap?

bleudyno

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Want to see if there is a direct plug and play unit available to replace the stock round head unit for my AR190. Not planning to do any stereo upgrades but was just wondering if there was a better control unit I could purchase to do a direct replacement of this cheapy stock unit. Any ideas?

Ar190 Radio.PNG

Maccam26

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I just bought the Wet Sounds WS-MC-20 , but i did get better speakers an amp and sub to go with it. The head unit alone would give you a more head turning look and a little more power. it's also sirius xm ready if you want to add a module. Fits in the circle from factory without additional cuts

bleudyno

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Would all the factory connectors and speaker connections be plug and play? I don't want to have to splice wires and whatnot. Just a simple remove and replace is all I'm looking to do.

I just bought the Wet Sounds WS-MC-20 , but i did get better speakers an amp and sub to go with it. The head unit alone would give you a more head turning look and a little more power. it's also sirius xm ready if you want to add a module. Fits in the circle from factory without additional cuts

Maccam26

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Would all the factory connectors and speaker connections be plug and play? I don't want to have to splice wires and whatnot. Just a simple remove and replace is all I'm looking to do.
Not 100% you would possibly need to reorganize the speaker, remote, power , ground wires from the factory 12 pin connector to plug into the wetsounds one as the locations may not align ... mine is on order ,.. just guessing at this time

SamN44

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

This tool allows you to easily remove and reposition the pins in the speaker harness connector. I only moved the amplifier harness pins to fit the factory speaker connector. Match the wire colors. I didn't have to modify the factory Yamaha connector.

I just installed a Kicker head unit and a small Kenwood amplifier to my 2020 SX190. I did not have to cut or solder any wires.
Head Unit: Amazon.com: Kicker 46KMC2 200 Watts Weather-Resistant Marine Grade Compact Gauge Mount Media Center Receiver with AM/FM Radio, USB and Bluetooth Capability: Electronics
Amplfier: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00UVWC55A/

white2kstang

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I put in the Kicker KMC5. The Wet Sounds MC20 was also on my list. I bought a 12 pin Molex connector from amazon and built a conversion harness so that I could easily swap if needed.

Attachments