• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

2020 AR210 - inspection before purchase? Inspection required after for transfer

SummitBound

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hello,

I will be purchasing a used 2020 AR210 with less than 50 hours. It has a YES warranty and has records for its 10 hour oil change. I will need to do an inspection at my dealer after purchase in order to have the YES warranty transfer.

Have never bought a boat before, but I usually do an inspection prior to buying the car. Seems like if I want to do that in this instance, I would be paying for a pre-purchase inspection (and having the seller have to drag it there) and then have to pay for a post-purchase inspection in order to transfer the warranty.

What have you generally done in this situation? My worry levels are low given that the hours are so low and it is under warranty. Guess there could technically be something wrong (like a damaged impeller) that the seller could lie about when saying boat is in perfect shape. Seems like a big ask to have him take it somewhere for a pre-purchase inspection given that he is 2 hours from the dealer and the boat is close to new.

My thought is to just include some language in the Bill of Sale that states any issues found in the post-purchase warranty transfer inspection that cause over $1k in repairs are covered by the seller (or the seller purchases the boat back). But not sure how much legal weight that will hold.

I bought a 2019 AR195 last yr that had 1 yr left on YES warranty. The boat had 88 hrs on it. The owners took me out for a test ride ( which is a must IMO). I made sure everything worked ok, Bilge / lights / blower, etc. Bimini top was ok. Trailer also. We were out for about 15-20 min. Engine ran great. Everything seemed fine. I felt comfortable buying the boat. The dealer they bought if from that had the warranty did not require me to have an inspection. They just got my info and transferred the warranty. You didnt mention anything about a test ride. I would definitely do that!
Not sure if your going to get someone to agree to 1k or less in repairs, if nec, but you never know. Good luck

Thank you! Yes - plan to do a quick water test. Know that won't confirm everything is working perfectly, but figured that and the YES warranty will cover me.

Sounds like your risk is pretty low especially with a water test.
Search for a list of things to look for when buying a used boat. I think one is here somewhere.

I purchased a ‘20 ar240 last august. Did the water test and it came with the extended 4 yr warranty. I called my local dealer and they also required no inspection. Just a $50 transfer fee of the warranty.

When I purchased my used 2020 212, the dealer closest to me wanted an inspection before transferring the warranty, for a small fee ? But the sale was dependent on the inspection. Worked great for me. But the seller, myself and the dealer were within 20 miles of each other, so the 200 miles on your end definitely puts the situation a little differently than mine.

Back