• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2020 AR240 Communication Error

jallen0032

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hey All,
I have an 2020 AR240 and last year it ran without issue, we started it up this year and have had multiple electrical issues. We have fixed most of them but the most recent that I have not been able to resolve is an error on the Connext Screen, there are error messages popping up saying “Communication Error: Joystick” “Communication Error: GPS” and “Communication Error: Depth Transducer”. Any recommendations on how to resolve? I have tried disconnecting from the terminals from the battery but not sure what else to try.

Attachments

Chucksx190

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Mine had the same issues with the same codes. Mine ended up being the headunit on the rear deck got water in it and corroded. Replacing the Headunit fixed it. Yamaha declined the headunit under warranty as they said they don't warranty water damage.

jallen0032

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Mine had the same issues with the same codes. Mine ended up being the headunit on the rear deck got water in it and corroded. Replacing the Headunit fixed it. Yamaha declined the headunit under warranty as they said they don't warranty water damage.
I had to replace the head unit 2 months after I took delivery of the boat and this is now the second time I am receiving error messages. The dealer is saying that it is a different computer (located in the cooler storage compartment). The dealer also said they have spoken to Yamaha a bunch of times trying to get them to relocate the head unit to avoid the water damage.