• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2020 Exumas trip

Yam e-series

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I’m going to staniel cay may 1st on my 242 se. If I take and extra 20 gal of fuel with me would there be a good chance I make it to Nassau from Bimini?

Jack Long

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Having made the trip several times in my Yamaha, I would say no. Don't chance it. With wind, weather, weight and waves you don't want to ruin your trip and scare your crew.

I have had smooth lake water between Bimini and Chub with just my wife and me and all our stuff and averaged 1.8 miles per gallon. That year I carried a 20 gallon tank on the swim platform. When you add more people and weight, it gets worse. You don't want to be trying to add gas while fighting the waves if they are bad.

Your better off stopping in Chub and filling up before taking off to Nassau.

Better safe than sorry!

Yam e-series

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Having made the trip several times in my Yamaha, I would say no. Don't chance it. With wind, weather, weight and waves you don't want to ruin your trip and scare your crew.

I have had smooth lake water between Bimini and Chub with just my wife and me and all our stuff and averaged 1.8 miles per gallon. That year I carried a 20 gallon tank on the swim platform. When you add more people and weight, it gets worse. You don't want to be trying to add gas while fighting the waves if they are bad.

Your better off stopping in Chub and filling up before taking off to Nassau.

Better safe than sorry!
Thanks for the info!!! Would andros be another option for fuel also if chup cay pumps are down? Didn’t know if you’ve been there or not.

Jack Long

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Thanks for the info!!! Would andros be another option for fuel also if chup cay pumps are down? Didn’t know if you’ve been there or not.
I have never considered Andros simple because my wife loves stopping at Chub for the night! LOL

Great place to unwind from a long trip and we have never had issues getting gas.