• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2020 Scarab 195 ID Stereo Controls not working

Cek244

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
195 ID
Boat Length
Hello everyone,

First time posting here. Anyways, I picked up a 2020 Scarab 195 ID a couple weeks ago. This last time out on the lake the stereo controls at the helm and stern quit working out of nowhere. The main control in the port console still works, but it was really nice being able to control the volume from the swim platform or when cruising. I called the dealer and he said "he hasn't heard of that happening", and "it's probably a fuse", and left it at that. I looked over the manuals and couldn't find anything that would point me in the right direction, so was hoping I could get better guidance from you all. Thanks!

Nexus

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
195 ID
Boat Length
I'm not sure that the remote controls are fused separately. Looking at the stereo manual kind of confirms this. If the entire radio system went down then, yes, that would be a likely culprit but since it was only the remotes, I doubt it.

Since the boat is only a couple of weeks old, I would take it back to the dealer and have him replace the so-called fuse and tell you why a brand new boat is blowing fuses.

If you want to look at it yourself, I would start with the splitter, which should be directly connected to the stereo. I think that would be the likely suspect. It may have gotten pulled/bumped when you put stuff in the port console storage. Then check the extension cables that are connected to it but it seems unlikely that both would fail at the same time.

If I think of it, ill have a look on my boat this weekend and see if it gives me any more ideas.

Cek244

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
195 ID
Boat Length
Thanks Nexus! Over the weekend I looked behind the stereo and found the culprit. Plugged it back in and everything works.

Nexus

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
195 ID
Boat Length
Thanks Nexus! Over the weekend I looked behind the stereo and found the culprit. Plugged it back in and everything works.
:thumbsup: Good job! I'll admit that I went to take a look at mine but there were so many wires that I was hesitant to start picking and poking :confused: so I'm glad you found it.
On my boat I'm finding that everything is tied so tightly that bumpy days are causing the port side connections to the amp to come undone. Maybe that's what's happening to yours. I may go and wrap all my connectors with electrical tape to ward against them coming undone again.