• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Reminder of the Thrust Vector and Lateral Thruster group buy through JetBoatPilot.....you only have Until AUGUST 31st. to get in on this group buy.
    With a Maximum discount of 35% this is the highest discount you can get on these, so don't miss out!
    So if you are looking to improve your steering-either forwards or in reverse.....this sale may be for you!  

Thank you Will @jetboatpilot for offering this exclusively to JETBOATERS.net members!

(You can click the X to the right to dismiss this notice)

2020 scarab 215 wake , twin 300 superchaged having rpm issues

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
215 ID
Boat Length
Hi , i have a 2020 scarab 215 wake , twin 300 supercharged rotax ace . I bought it earlier this year and it ran great , i put 30 hours on it while i sell it , i buy high end jet boats and try to use them as a teat ride for a couple months as i live on a lake and cant really afford the high end boats that people really want to own but have a hard time finding . Anywho i been taking great care of it and my daughters have been living rhe wake surfing and wake boarding and all the summer water sports we can pump out while we own this beautiful machine.

I ended up sucking up a tow rope , successfully removed it from shore. Twin engines aure do make it easier to get to shore when you can use the other one .

Since then i havent been getting too speed , pirt side seems to have low rpms , 64-68000 wot , starboard does get around 78000 , and im missing 8-9 kms per hour . It still flies out of the holeshot with no cavitation and its up and gone in 2 seconds . I pulled the pump last night and found the rope had taken out rhe shaft seal and i replaced it and launched it again and found lirtle to no difference. Does anyone no if i would get codes for fouled spark plugs or anything. I just have the smallscreen console not the giant touch screen .

Thanks , brand new to this forum , as of an hour ago .

If you have something going on in the engine that is detectable, then you'd have a check engine light and usually fault codes as you mentioned. Assuming you have none based on your description and based on the damage reported, you likely still have some sort of damage at the pump level.

It still could be something engine related, but 1+1 points to pump again as the more likely issue. Any pictures? Good quality photos really do help. Pump, wear ring, imeller, intake grate, drive shaft... looking for anything abnormal.

How tight was that rope? Ropes can cause damage to the carbon seal too which can introduce cavitation there as well.

Welcome to the forum and hopefull you can get this resolved easily and quickly.

Hi , i pulled the pump and the wear ring and impeller looked fine in my opinion , the only thing i didnt xheck was rhe carbon seal . The wear ring did have some impellar groves but in my opinion it didnt look bad at all . Also it doesnt cavitate out of the hole shot , which is a dead give away of wear ring o would think. Ive had other jet seadoo boats in the past, last one being the challenger with the 255 supercharged enine and in my opinion one engine is not enough to throw a big heavy boat like that out of the water like i ao desperately crave. I had an older 16 ft speedster that did that and got 60 mph , when it wasnt in the shop being repaired. Lol

I cant take pictures right now its in the lake at the dock unfortunately, but indo have a video from my marketplace ad . Log into Facebook

Last edited:
Well it seems like i cant post the cool video i have

The link did work. Sudbury! lol I'm originally from Sturgeon Falls. Live in Ottawa now.

OK, well obviously you know what you're talking about. Sorry, we get a LOT of very inexperienced boaters, let alone experience with jet boats. Based on this, I'd then go straight to the spark plugs. So cheap to replace them. If one is not working properly you SHOULD be getting a P300+ code. But we have seen no codes and replacing a plug did the trick.

Now last weekend i did get a check engine light on while testing the rpms , i went back to the dock right away and went up to research why .... Went back down to find the codes info on the settings menu , which i hadnt seen before and was wondering if that option only comes on when there is a fault ?? Anyways i went downto the boat and startes each engine sepertly , and no more engine light . Does that make any sense to you??

Getting spark plugs delivered in an hour as well , i havent done theae with the injectors in the way yet , any tips ??

Yes, those codes will only show up if they're active. Spark plugs can definitely work fine for one minute and stop the next. So the codes can come and go along with performance. If you did have a past light, then definitely start there. In order to see what the code WAS, you'd need software. No other way to know.

And no tips since I've actually never worked on the 300 engines. It's quite a different beast. Torque them properly, make sure the coils are well seated. And then hope it solves your problems.

Back