• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2020 SX 190 courtesy lights

TimmyH

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I read that the 2020 comes with courtesy lights. Anyone know if these can be swapped for LEDs? I don't get mine till next Friday so Installing LEDs would be a good garage project while weather is cool. All the LED posts I've seen are for older models b4 the 19 redesign

I read that the 2020 comes with courtesy lights. Anyone know if these can be swapped for LEDs? I don't get mine till next Friday so Installing LEDs would be a good garage project while weather is cool. All the LED posts I've seen are for older models b4 the 19 redesign

Shouldn't be a problem at all. They are the typical two wire harness hookups like most lights. Not positive on the sx190, but on our 195S there are one in each "cubby" so 3 total. Definitely don't light up the interior by no means though. Alot of people have added LED strip lights, or added them into the boat to light the inside

Are you sure they're not LED's already? It would be weird for them not to be on a 2020.

Are you sure they're not LED's already? It would be weird for them not to be on a 2020.

They might actually be honestly. They aren't very bright at all though. I'll try to remember to look this weekend when I get boat home and take it out.

They might actually be honestly. They aren't very bright at all though. I'll try to remember to look this weekend when I get boat home and take it out.

Let me know what you find and if the led's are replaceable with something brighter. :)

I guess I'll find out next weekend when I pick it up. I def want to add some colored LEDs, it would be cool if I could just swap out whatever "courtesy" lights it comes with and then just add 2-4 more. I'll keep this thread posted after I get her and figure it out

I know the one on my 2019 is dim. Doesn't do much actual lighting. Did a speaker upgrade and added some Blast LED speaker rings behind them. Brightened up the whole boat.

Attachments

• 20200301_184555.jpg
    20200301_184555.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 71
  • 20200301_184706.jpg
    20200301_184706.jpg
    3.9 MB · Views: 76
I know the one on my 2019 is dim. Doesn't do much actual lighting. Did a speaker upgrade and added some Blast LED speaker rings behind them. Brightened up the whole boat.

I love it! I'm guessing the speaker wired don't power the lights. Was it easy to run wire to power the lights?

It needs an RGB wire to power the speaker LEDs and the LED rings. I ran new larger gauge speaker wire to all my speakers when I replaced them so just pulled the RGB wire with it.

It's pretty easy to pull the wire around. I just pulled the storage pocket areas out on the starboard side to make it easier.

TimmyH, I just picked up my SX190 on Saturday, and there is only 1 courtesy light which is in the cup holders of behind the captains chair. Definitely will need some more lights I think.

Attachments

• 20200505_110513.jpg
    20200505_110513.jpg
    955.1 KB · Views: 60
Has anyone wired directly in to the existing courtesy light wire/switch to add additional lighting?

TimmyH, I just picked up my SX190 on Saturday, and there is only 1 courtesy light which is in the cup holders of behind the captains chair. Definitely will need some more lights I think.
Thanx. I get mine friday. I've been doing some light research. Those Opt7 lights look pretty good. I'm open to other suggestions though

Has anyone wired directly in to the existing courtesy light wire/switch to add additional lighting?
Anyone ever answer you on this? I'm trying to find this out 🤣

Back