• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2020 Yamaha SX190 - Cobra Jet or Thrust Vector

Yeary4

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Looking for opinions and suggestions on Either the Cobra Jet or Thrust Vector for my 2020 Yamaha SX190. All are welcome so I can make a decision soon based on others experience. Thanks

captainhook

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
Opinions will differ greatly on this. I was finless for 5.5 seasons and added Thrust Vectors and they do help. I’d like to try some Cobras as well at some point. Either will help with low speed steering.

g2griz

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
We have the same boat and I installed the Cobra fins last week. Installation was easy and they definitly improve slow speed handling. I’m sure the Thrust Vector fins work as well. I went with the Cobra since the installation seemed a bit easier. We keep our boat on a lift and I did the install on the lift (over the water).

Yeary4

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
We have the same boat and I installed the Cobra fins last week. Installation was easy and they definitly improve slow speed handling. I’m sure the Thrust Vector fins work as well. I went with the Cobra since the installation seemed a bit easier. We keep our boat on a lift and I did the install on the lift (over the water).
Which CJ did you purchase? Thanks.

osuart

Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Installed the cobra kit last week- night and day change at low speed and just enough feel added to open throttle- very happy!

Russell

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212X
Boat Length
Cobra's here..can't tell you what other systems are like however Cobra's are a necessity in slow windy conditions like docking!

Yeary4

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Update....Added the Cobra Jet last week before going out on Saturday. Wow! What a difference in control at low and wake speeds! Made docking and trailering boat so much better! Thanks for all the input and advise.

Attachments