• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2021 252SD Mooring Cover

jjblough

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SD
Boat Length
Purchased the 252SD 5 months ago and Yahama has yet to ship the cover. Can’t get even a target delivery date from the dealer or Yamaha. I am very frustrated.

Has anyone else experienced this? If so, what have you been told?

I am considering having one made. TIA

Almost everyone is the same.

I called once a month, last date I was told is 6/5 but it keeps moving back

Same... on my AR250.... so I think same cover. I canceled the order and my dealer sourced a custom cover company to make a bunch of covers for their customers. Got it done in a week... looks great.

I was able to get one from JetBoatPilot. I had to wait almost 3 months for it to get to me. So from what I was told with JetBoatPilot they place each order they get individually as they come in. I think their so far behind there not even trying to fill the big orders to dealers. You are not alone there are a few threads on here going back to November of last year with people still waiting for their covers.

My dealer ordered all of the covers in September of last year. Only received the 19 foot covers right away. Didn't get the 21 ft and up until 2 weeks ago. I was lucky they ordered them back in September so when I purchased a 252 cover in April I only waited 5 weeks.

Same... on my AR250.... so I think same cover. I canceled the order and my dealer sourced a custom cover company to make a bunch of covers for their customers. Got it done in a week... looks great.
I ordered the same boat. Arriving next week. Can you post pictures and link to the custom cover you purchased? Thanks in advance!

find a good marine canvas guy and have a custom cover made. it may be more expensive but if they do good work it will be better than the yamaha cover anyway and will outlast it 3:1

Been waiting on the cover for my 252SE since November. Finally got a call from my dealer yesterday that it arrived! Hopefully others with covers on order will see theirs showing up soon, too!

I work within the fiber industry and I can tell you that there's an extreme shortage going on right now with raw materials.

Just called - date pushed back to the 22nd.

My dealer is getting no delivery info from Yamaha…

I heard today from JBP that the 252 covers should be coming in end of this month and the AR250's in July.

I heard today from JBP that the 252 covers should be coming in end of this month and the AR250's in July.

Well, JBP was on the money when they said July. Just received my cover from @JetBoatPilot for my AR250. They kept me informed and called me yesterday to say it was shipped already.

I can finally take off the shipping cover and store my boat with the tower up. Glad I had the shipping cover, but what a pain to lower the tower for storage and then raise it when im going to use it. Not to mention how heavy/thick the shipping cover is and what a pain it will be to store it. Off to the attic it goes for longterm storage.

Now I get to start working on one of my next projects, adding a solar panel to the tower to charge while its stored.

Still waiting on mine…

Back