• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2021 heat soak 195sx

Bigperm

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
So i have just bought a new 195sx been reading a lot about heat soak
i live in TN 650 feet above sea level is it my under standing that i should not run WOT for more then a couple minutes or expect heat soak ?
i wil up grade to a fizzel inter cooler BOV dedicated water line if this will allow me to run WOT is this all i can do ?
i had a 2000 yamaha sl 2000 i just sold loved that boat gas mileage was not so good but i ran WOT all the time all day never a problem i hope maybe this heat soak is no longer a issue or that the mods will stop this ?
any info or help would be greatly appreciated

jdbakerucf

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
So I could be wrong, but I believe the heat soak is more prevalent on the older 192 models and isn’t as bad on the 195 models. I have a 2020 SX195, and I’m not sure how elevation plays into it (I’m in FL at sea level), but I don’t really ever have noticeable issues with heat soak.

CaTiRo

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I thought the same, that heat soak was an issue on the 192 but not so much on the 195.

Bigperm

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
This is great news
i will spend my money on cobra fangs catch can and blow off valve first then see about the heat soak if its a issue
any views on cones ? lucky 13 or wet wolf any difference
Thanks for the advice

SCP1

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
This is great news
i will spend my money on cobra fangs catch can and blow off valve first then see about the heat soak if its a issue
any views on cones ? lucky 13 or wet wolf any difference
Thanks for the advice
L13 seems more popular.

mrcleanr6

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
275SD
Boat Length
If you do find there is heat soak then just a dedicated line to the intercooler will help alot. You can prob get away with just that and not buying a fizzle since you arent really doing any other performance mods

d_coyne1984

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
The 192's had a small intercooler and because of this, they were subject to heat soak in areas with warm water temps. Most who were bothered by this issue upgraded their intercooler to the unit that comes standard in the 195's. I wouldn't upgrade your unless you are wanting additional performance, but an intercooler alone probably won't get you much.

Bigperm

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
This is really great input.... thanks
My up grades will include catch can blow off valve cold air cobra fangs wet wolf and seadek and some sound upgrades so I will save the cash I was going to spend on IC and put towards my other mods
Much appreciate the knowledge of this site