• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2021 pricing

Seoul76

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SD
Boat Length
I got a buyers sheet for a 252SD...MSRP, no frieght, dealer prep charge $1400, taxes and was a little over $90k OTD...has anyone else got a buyers sheet yet?

KCAR250

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

mike220022

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
$62389 OTD on a 2021 AR250 so far. Still working the dealer though. Told him my final offer is $60K OTD or I'll wait until fall. Im a car dealer so I get the supply & demand issue right now however I will bet anyone that come fall/winter there will be boats on lots and deals to be had.

KCAR250

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
When you say OTD does that include sales tax, freight, prep, doc fees? Or does that exclude Tax? Just trying to get a better idea as everyone has different sales tax rate. Thanks for the info!

mike220022

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
When you say OTD does that include sales tax, freight, prep, doc fees? Or does that exclude Tax? Just trying to get a better idea as everyone has different sales tax rate. Thanks for the info!
OTD including everything....tax & registration. Im not paying freight & prep fees....he dropped those charges very quickly.

KCAR250

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
So if you don’t mind me asking where are you at without tax? Or what’s your tax rate?

burgjp

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
OTD including everything....tax & registration. Im not paying freight & prep fees....he dropped those charges very quickly.
thats awesome you were able to get them to drop freight/prep!! i'll keep that in mind.

mike220022

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
2% tax rate...He is still at $60999 sale price which is sticker but dropped the freight & prep. I'll admit I dont know how it is in the boating industry but if its anything like the car industry the manufacturers pay us back for the prep fee...some dealers add it to cost and have customers pay it as well as bill the manufacturer (double dipping)....but some, like my store, do not do that.

KCAR250

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
2% tax rate...He is still at $60999 sale price which is sticker but dropped the freight & prep. I'll admit I dont know how it is in the boating industry but if its anything like the car industry the manufacturers pay us back for the prep fee...some dealers add it to cost and have customers pay it as well as bill the manufacturer (double dipping)....but some, like my store, do not do that.
Thanks for the clarification. My sales tax is 7% (blue state) so it can be hard to figure out how much off MSRP OTD is. I’m shooting for $2k off MSRP and no freight or prep.

mike220022

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thanks for the clarification. My sales tax is 7% (blue state) so it can be hard to figure out how much off MSRP OTD is. I’m shooting for $2k off MSRP and no freight or prep.

pretty much all Im asking for as well...roughly $2K. On $60K that isnt a big discount. They have a 212S, 195S, and AR195 in stock now. Small town where I live theyre a small dealer. The fact that they have 3 2021 models sitting on the lot now with the market the way it is shows Im exactly right about what will be available come fall/winter.

KCAR250

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I’ve been looking at upgrading my boat for some time now and every year they usually offer me the same deal of $2-3k off MSRP and no freight and prep charge. I’m not budging off that. I just saw an ad from my dealer saying their boats will be sold out before spring...ya whatever! Their being a little greedy and I for one will remember a dealer trying to take advantage of a pandemic.

Last edited:

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

Nick Hughes

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I got a buyers sheet for a 252SD...MSRP, no frieght, dealer prep charge $1400, taxes and was a little over $90k OTD...has anyone else got a buyers sheet yet?
Trying to understand how this comes to 90K+ for an 83K boat. 6% tax comes to 88K+1400. 89400, rounding I guess. In Ohio, you get a deduction on the taxes with a trade in.

Seoul76

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SD
Boat Length
Trying to understand how this comes to 90K+ for an 83K boat. 6% tax comes to 88K+1400. 89400, rounding I guess. In Ohio, you get a deduction on the taxes with a trade in.
I didnt list all the "other" fees.