• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2021 yamaha 275sd steering issue

Jonathan SU

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
275SD
Boat Length
I recently purchased an 2021 yahama 275sd.
I went boating 2 or 3 times and everything was going okay. Yesterday i wanted to go out on the water and my steering wasn't reacting to the left or the right. My hydraulic fluid levels are just fine. What could be the issue?

OCDoug

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SD
Boat Length
I’d check your steering cables in the rear to make sure everything looks to be attached, and then check for rust on the cables. They are known to bind up. There are methods for pushing oil up the length of the cables without replacing them if that’s the issue