• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2022 212s mooring cover

ilikejets

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
I bought MAR-212TR-BK-17 and it seems that the ratchet straps are a few inches too short. I cant get the cover over both corners at the stern. I can only get it over one corner and I didnt bother ratcheting the straps because it was already so tight. Does anyone have any experience with this mooring cover for the 212s? Did I purchase the wrong one?

Attachments

212s

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
I bought MAR-212TR-BK-17 and it seems that the ratchet straps are a few inches too short. I cant get the cover over both corners at the stern. I can only get it over one corner and I didnt bother ratcheting the straps because it was already so tight. Does anyone have any experience with this mooring cover for the 212s? Did I purchase the wrong one?
I think the cover is the same as mine - I have the 2020 212s and mine fit very snug at first - you need to loosen both ratchets completely, make sure the bow is fitted snug, then pull back on each corner to slip over. Make sure your tower is up, cleats are down when you do it. Then tighten the ratchets. After several on/off cycles it'll loosen up.

ilikejets

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Good to hear. I’ll give it some time to loosen up.

212s

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Good to hear. I’ll give it some time to loosen up.
OK I checked the Yamaha website to confirm and that's the same model number - fits 2017-2022 212's with tower in black. You should be ok, just make sure it's on straight and snug at the bow. If the bow seam is off-center a few inches, or pulled too low, it won't fit over the swim platform.

SCP1

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Cover is correct, Yamaha had a bad batch I encountered the same problem.

ilikejets

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
I was able to get the cover over both corners after it stretched out overnight but still didn’t ratchet it down. I’ll check again this weekend to see if I can ratchet it down.

SCP1

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
I was able to get the cover over both corners after it stretched out overnight but still didn’t ratchet it down. I’ll check again this weekend to see if I can ratchet it down.
The problem I ran into was you can only get one side buckled. If you can get it buckled you should be good to go.

ilikejets

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
I checked on my boat after a couple weeks and some rain. It loosened up enough for me to adjust the velcro to get it more than halfway attached and I ratcheted it 4 times each side. It’s nice and tight and barely moves with in the wind. I hope it last for awhile since it will be completely exposed to the sun.9FDF4571-B184-46C5-8C3F-6596B1D205DC.jpeg

212s

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
I checked on my boat after a couple weeks and some rain. It loosened up enough for me to adjust the velcro to get it more than halfway attached and I ratcheted it 4 times each side. It’s nice and tight and barely moves with in the wind. I hope it last for awhile since it will be completely exposed to the sun.
I notice your charger wire is run under the cover and might rub in the wind - I suggest routing it through the rear cleat zippered cover instead.

And if you want to protect it from sun and weather during off season you can put a tarp over the cover. I do this during the winter to protect the shipping cover from the elements, and only use my mooring cover for the boating season (May-Oct). After the first year, get some 303 Fabric Protectant and spray down the cover in your driveway which will extend the life and keep it water repellent.