• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2022 AR250 vs.2018 AR240

Mbernier

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Looking to buy my first boat. After my research and some feedback here I decided on the 2022 AR250. Originally considered a 21’ but I felt with a family of 5 + any friends etc the extra space made sense. I put down a deposit for the 2022 AR250 and the wait begins.

My local dealer has a 2018 AR240 with only 45 hours on it and its in great condition. They are asking $65k. Am I crazy to consider it? It seems high to me. It looks like new AR250 all in will be around $70k or a little more. I like the idea of a brand new boat for not much more. I would save some money that I could use for upgrades etc.

I know demand is high right now which has to be reflected in that price for the 2018.

Am I being impatient in considering the 2018 that I can get now? Need some outside sense thrown at me. Wait or consider the 2018? Thanks!

I have seen multiple newer AR240’s posted cheaper (in the last week). If you add your location you may get better responses.

Both prices are way too high. Def wait for the 25’ though. However if used is an option you can get a much better deal.

Back