• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2022 AR250 vs 212s

Mbernier

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
The Ar250 and the 212s are similar in price and hoping to buy a 2022 of one of them. I was wondering if anyone had an opinion whether you would prefer the larger boat or the one that had nicer features / upgraded features. I like the idea of the extra length but am leaning towards the 212s. Storage is not an issue either way.

I say go bigger and upgrade the audio yourself, unless you want higher top end and faster boat. than get the 212. But I think I would do the 250 for the room if storage wasn't a problem, you could always upgrade anything you want.

There is so much to this question.

I was looking at a 212X or a 250, I ended up with a 252SE because it's what they had and I didn't want to go 1 year+ without a boat.

Anyways, the 25 foot boats ride in water so much smoother than the 21 foot boats. My wife gets a little sea sick with her vertigo and after hitting some chop that would make her un easy in the 21, she didn't even bat an eye in the 25. The 212S will be a nicer boat, but the AR250 will be the better boat, the features you lose from the 212S you can almost all upgrade on the 250.

The Ar250 and the 212s are similar in price and hoping to buy a 2022 of one of them. I was wondering if anyone had an opinion whether you would prefer the larger boat or the one that had nicer features / upgraded features. I like the idea of the extra length but am leaning towards the 212s. Storage is not an issue either way.
My wife and I had a similar dilemma and ended up putting a reservation down for a 2022 AR250. Half the reason was that the main places it will be used are the Ohio River and Lake Cumberland. While there are smaller boats out on those waters, my co worker kept telling me he wished he had a bigger boat than his 21ft sterndrive because he felt like it was getting tossed around on busier days. The other reasons were that the 25 footers have space for a head (emergency use only) and more space for times when family is in town.

So my first boat was a 2006 AR210 we started looking at the nicer 212’s but went to the 25 footers started looking at AR250 the interior looked cheap and walked my way to the 252SD. The biggest thing I hated about the 21ft was how it handled wake and waves I could never go fast because the boat slapping the water gave my wife anxiety :( but I had a really old boat. now with the 252 I can hit the same or bigger waves and you hardly feel it. Today I hit a wake probably 3+ ft at almost 20mpg I actually slowed down at the last minute and was surprised barely felt it. The 25ft models are are great with rough water but we ended up with the nicer because the interior on the 250’s were really lacking and the extra money was worth it.

I went from an AR210 to the AR250 and it’s night and day difference in ride and handling. I went with the AR250 over the 252 because it was something like $14k more and for that money I can upgrade to the dragon scales sea deck, put in my idea of a sound system and add a couple extras and still have money left. To some people the $14k is worth every penny but it just wasn’t to me. I’d go with the 250 over the 212!

Thanks everyone! I appreciate the feedback. I’ve decided that with a family of 5 the 25’ makes the most sense for us (taking friends out etc.) Also, my wife also gets sea sick easier so a smoother ride will be better. I put a deposit on an AR250 and now for the wait. Although my local dealer has a used 2018 AR240 that makes me think ... it may be my impatience though...?

Thanks everyone! I appreciate the feedback. I’ve decided that with a family of 5 the 25’ makes the most sense for us (taking friends out etc.) Also, my wife also gets sea sick easier so a smoother ride will be better. I put a deposit on an AR250 and now for the wait. Although my local dealer has a used 2018 AR240 that makes me think ... it may be my impatience though...?

Wait for the 2022. Saw your other post and they are so close in price that I would stick with the newer boat. Newer hull design plus its new, lol.
Nothing wrong with the 2018 AR but at that price range id stick with new.

Wait for the 2022. Saw your other post and they are so close in price that I would stick with the newer boat. Newer hull design plus its new, lol.
How much were they asking for the 240? I’m actually thinking of selling my 250 but think that maybe I’m better off waiting until spring. Trying to figure out price.

Agree and appreciate the feedback. My impatience was really the driver on the 2018 AR240. I will still be impatient but waiting on the 2022 AR250.

How much were they asking for the 240? I’m actually thinking of selling my 250 but think that maybe I’m better off waiting until spring. Trying to figure out price.
$65k for a 2018 AR240. It had some speaker upgrades but think that was about it.

Back