• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

2023 AR 250 audio upgrade

thedon

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I have a new AR 250 coming in. Will the connect display work to control music or will I need / want a separate head unit?. I would like to upgrade all speakers and add a couple tower speakers and a nice sub. In my truck I have JL amps and subs with a kenwood head unit and focal speakers. For the boat I am thinking 800-1200 watts so probably 2 amps

I replaced all existing speakers with JL and added two JL tower speakers in my AR250. Also added a JL amp. I still use the connect screen.

I replaced all existing speakers with JL and added two JL tower speakers in my AR250. Also added a JL amp. I still use the connect screen.
thank you - I was hoping to hear that. Are there any limits to what can bo done? would you mind sharing more details on your system?

thank you - I was hoping to hear that. Are there any limits to what can bo done? would you mind sharing more details on your system?

With proper product selection there are no limits. The only factory limit is no EQ controls from the Connext, and limited zone control.

How did you replace the amp while working with the yamaha harness?

@TampaJet I paid a marine audio company to install everything. I can take some photos next time I’m with the boat but it’s in winter storage so that might be awhile.

@TampaJet I paid a marine audio company to install everything. I can take some photos next time I’m with the boat but it’s in winter storage so that might be awhile.
I would be interested in those pictures. Especially how amps are connected to connex system under helm. Looks to have small factory amp on mine but only have RCA cables for usb and aux cable from helm. Looking to do install myself to cut cost and get installed sooner.

@Corkey250 PM me your cell and I’ll text you the photos. I’ll be out on the lake tomorrow so I’ll take them then.

Old thread I know, but @DaytonFlyer1068 who did you use to do your audio work? I assume from your name you are somewhat Dayton local?

@OHJetBoater11 I went to school at UD. I live just north of Atlanta now. I had a place called AVC Marine Audio do the work down here.

@Corkey250 Did you get your audio gear installed? If so, let us know how it went interfacing with the Connext screen.

The only thing that I find SUPER annoying on my 2020 w/ Fusion & Connext is that the Fusion unit has zone control (tower and tub) but the Connext dial at the helm for volume will always equal both zones anytime you use it.

The only thing that I find SUPER annoying on my 2020 w/ Fusion & Connext is that the Fusion unit has zone control (tower and tub) but the Connext dial at the helm for volume will always equal both zones anytime you use it.

In 2021 they no longer use Fusion - this isn't an issue.

Just got my boat. All I have read is correct - The factory system is GARBAGE. I am debating just amp and speakers or amp speakers and sub. I may do a more basic system. Im thinking it will really only be used when parked....the motors are loud ! lol. No tone control is a problem -any work around for this? any speaker recommendations if I just want to do an amp to start and replace the factory speakers?

Just got my boat. All I have read is correct - The factory system is GARBAGE. I am debating just amp and speakers or amp speakers and sub. I may do a more basic system. Im thinking it will really only be used when parked....the motors are loud ! lol. No tone control is a problem -any work around for this? any speaker recommendations if I just want to do an amp to start and replace the factory speakers?

Any of the micro-amps are a great bang for your buck. You can spend a little more and get a amp with DSP builtin.

You 100% want an amp with built in DSP but along with that, you have to have an installer that knows how to tune it properly. JL Audio MVi series amp is what I will be buying. I've had them in my cars and they are awesome!

With a JL Audio DRC-205, you can select from several different tunes the installer creates and stores in the amp as presets for the different genres of music. It's like changing treble and bass with one push of a button! It also allows you to increase and lower the sub woofer on the fly just by rotating the knob.

Any idea what they install on a 2023 222SD? I never received a separate manual for my radio.

Not on a 222SD - but I would imagine it is the same ICE module as the 252s. Pretty much everything is controlled by the Connext.

Not on a 222SD - but I would imagine it is the same ICE module as the 252s. Pretty much everything is controlled by the Connext.
Ok, thanks. I just emailed the dealer, I will see what they say.

Back