• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2024 255XD suddenly shuts off

Kane

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
Happy 4th to all!!

I have 12 hours on my 24' 255XD and up to tonight everything has been great. On our way back from fireworks in rough water my boat completely shut down. Lost the gauge, lights everything but power to the motors. It came back on and rebooted but we were stuck in limp mode(15mph) for the rest of the ride back. I didn't want to reset the power switches due to it was night and lots of boat traffic and we were only a mile or 2 from our dock.
I think I read of this happening but can't seem to find it anywhere now. Hopefully I fire it up tomorrow and its good but it was definitely not great how it just went dead like that.

Thanks for any insight on this!
Mike

F.M.

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length

Kane

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
Thank you! I spoke with my dealer who will get me in today for the update. We’re fortunate that were on the same lake as my dealer.

Kane

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
Went to my dealer yesterday and the update was done in less than 5 minutes. Hopefully that takes care of it. We surfed for a couple hours and no issues.
Kudos to my dealer for getting me on super fast!

flyingnugget

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
@Kane
Let us know if you have any other issues pop up after that update... I'm holding off till end of season to see if anything new arises. There always seems to be an update to the update.

Glad it was a quick fix.

Kane

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
Update- 2 days after the update and now the Connext stays on but the engines shut off randomly. Fire them back up and it’s in Limp mode. Reset the power and fine. This happened once after surfing and another today just cruising.