• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2024 AR250 New to wake surfing

ChrisX

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Boat Length
As new wake surfers what do we need as a set up? My thought was a ballast bag in the ski locker and one on one side of the swim platform. (and a pump and hoses to fill them) Do we need a wedge? Most importantly, any advice is appreciated because at this point I don't know what I don't know.

Cambo

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Depending on the surfers weight a bag under the side seat as well.

Speed control for the motors Ride steady will help dramatically lock in the correct speed

Water conditions need to be flat and depth at least 18 feet these are two very critical items that are easy to overlook, this is a weekday sport or on a very quite lake. If the conditions are not optimal practice using a long rope 40 to 60 feet and large skegs on the board and ride the surf board like a wake board but at lower speed and practice carving. I almost find this as fun as surfing the pocket gets boring

Surfing 2023.jpg

ChrisX

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Boat Length
I had no idea about the depth. We are in the keys, I'll have to do some searching to find a spot that deep. :)

I am assuming an old fat guy like me will need more weight?