• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

203 VRX Right side of tower rattling at about 9-11mph

JeremyR

Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
How could I go about fixing this. The locking mechanism looks to be working fine, the movement is from side to side. It stops vibrating once I get to a higher RPM.

Winerocks

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Are you positive it is the tower itself. There are cables inside the tower that can rattle and make a ton of noise at different rpm’s. If it is a folding or collapsible tower, it has a cable that keeps it from dropping too low and causing damage. You can wrap this cable with plastic or rubber tubing that will stop the racket. There is a big weight that hangs down from the cable in mine, and I put a piece of pool noodle around it to keep it from banging around.

Chapvrx

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
How could I go about fixing this. The locking mechanism looks to be working fine, the movement is from side to side. It stops vibrating once I get to a higher RPM.
Hi make sure you check tower main bolts that hold the tower to the boat, you can get to them from the cutouts where the cup holder are, stick you head in and look up, I’ve noticed that they get loose from vibration and some bolts missing washers in place from the assembly, witch is another problem because if there is no washers the bolts can come out if you pull somebody from the tow point, so I would check that regularly. Good luck

gone2

Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VR
Boat Length
Yes, check the nuts under the tower mount, there is a good chance they are loose.

Chapvrx

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Yes, check the nuts under the tower mount, there is a good chance they are loose.
Get this and apply it to the folding brackets It will help also Flex Seal Liquid 32-fl oz Black Dip Rubberized Coating

Lunarvrx

Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
I do not have a rattling sound but I have noted the front right cover mounting pipe is a little loose, although the left one is quite tight. No obvious way to tighten it. Mine is a 2121 VRX203 model.