• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

210 FSH Battery Charging question

I know You know

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I use a small clip on battery charger to keep the batteries on my Jet Skis topped off, I am now also using it on my new 210 FSH. Can I turn my on board battery yellow emergency parallel switch to ON and charge both batteries at the same time by clipping the chargers leads to one of the batteries, and if so which one of the two.

highanddryinco

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
(Working off the assumption that the 210 setup is the same as the 190...)

You can, but I would probably just hook my clips to the starting battery and let the VSR (Voltage Sensing Relay) do the work for you. When the starting battery reaches 13.5V the VSR will let the charging current flow past it and on to the house battery.
That's the very simplistic explanation. Depending on your clip on charger type and rating, it may be tapering off its output substantially as the starting battery gets close to 13.5V. I'm thinking you'll be fine though as it sounds like you're mostly looking for battery maintaining.