• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

210 FSH Thrust Vectors?

Prodock

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Still love the FSH 210 and so far it has done better than expected in most cases. I know the jet boat won’t track as straight as an outboard when trolling at 5 mph, but so far this year it has brought in a few meals of Spanish Mackerel anyway. My question is...has anyone put thrust vectors on a 210 FSH that can verify for me if it would track straighter at 5-6 mph? The stock system works, but when we have a multiple hookup and are both trying to reel in fish, we need to reach back to restraighten the boat often, especially if the ocean is sporty. It appears we often overcorrect then and end up wiggling the boat along until we get the fish in. Once again, I knew this would be a potential issue, I’m not complaining, just asking if spending the money on TVs would help.

Liveto99

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I put on cobras on it. It is better but still wonders when no one is steering.
unless you put a rudder like a sailboat on it it will probably always have a problem.34F09331-AC62-4F18-BD6F-84EC4E1DB8F0.png

Prodock

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Thanks Liveto99. That’s what I’m thinking and the more I get used to the Jets, the better I am with it around the dock, so slow speed handing isn’t really what I’m after, more looking for the ability to have a little straighter self tracking rig in the ocean.

bolivas

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I had the TV's and they made a big difference. I have since upgraded to the TVW's as we do a lot of wake boarding and tubing. I have not used the Cobra's but it seems there are quite a few members who use them too. It comes down to personal preference. The TV's clear the water at cruising speed and remain in the water at low speeds. The Cobras are always in the water at all speeds which some members have had issues with the stiff steering at cruising speeds. As a side note, If you are considering the TVW, you will lose a few MPH at WOT as the deflector plate does take away some of the thrust....

Overall, I am very happy with the TVW's as they have really cut down on the spray and they create a pretty decent wake which you can enhance further with ballast. We do not surf so it is a non issue for us. Just my 2 cents.

Zeusmotorworks

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
Another vote for Cobras... on my 210 it tracks much better.

Prodock

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Thanks Zeusmotorworks. I appreciate the response. I keep changing my mind, but would really like the boat to track a little straighter at 5-6 mph.