• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

212 Listing on port side

Sean R

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Hey jetboat lovers I have a listing question. The last few week I've noticed my 212S as been listing on the port side. Is it possible that water could be trapped in the hull and I can get it out. A few week ago when I took the boat out of the water I pulled the plug a few gallons came out. I backed down the launch to really get a good angle so I could get the all the water out. A little more came out but not much. Last weekend I put it back in the water and just tied it to the dock and it was still listing on the port side. Boat was empty beside 50 gal of fuel. Anyone else have this issue?

anmut

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
I have the same boat - no issues of listing that I can remember. Your gas tank is center mounted, so if it's full it might balance better. What else may you have had for equipment that would be adding weight on that side? Also, try switching on your bilge to see if water pumps out.

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
how much is it listing ? this could be a very subjective topic,

if you where concerned about water you could undo your manhole cover and take a peek into the bilge area below the water boxes,
I think the way the hull is shaped it would be hard to get water to pool on one side unless that side was already loaded down with batteries and other heavy accessories.

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
do you surf ?
Do you weight your boat down below the rub rail ?
does you bilge pump run at all during an outing ?

granpachuck

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Hey jetboat lovers I have a listing question. The last few week I've noticed my 212S as been listing on the port side. Is it possible that water could be trapped in the hull and I can get it out. A few week ago when I took the boat out of the water I pulled the plug a few gallons came out. I backed down the launch to really get a good angle so I could get the all the water out. A little more came out but not much. Last weekend I put it back in the water and just tied it to the dock and it was still listing on the port side. Boat was empty beside 50 gal of fuel. Anyone else have this issue?
I don't have the same boat, but my wife noticed the same thing one day this summer. Very slight, and the extra gear I carry onboard would not account for this. The dual batteries on my port side would be offset by the water tank, anchors , a cooler or two.. We never figured it out, but I am planning on stripping everything out of her one day, making sure its dry, and see what's up. Let us know if you figure something out.

anmut

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
I don't have the same boat, but my wife noticed the same thing one day this summer. Very slight, and the extra gear I carry onboard would not account for this. The dual batteries on my port side would be offset by the water tank, anchors , a cooler or two.. We never figured it out, but I am planning on stripping everything out of her one day, making sure its dry, and see what's up. Let us know if you figure something out.
If you think about it, you'd have to have the boat 100% balanced to not see some sort of list.

Babin Farms

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
My boat leans due to 2 batteries on that side plus the gear in head compartment outweighing everything on the starboard side. It’s not much and no one else sees it but when it’s in its slip I can tell

Sean R

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
I have dual batteries. I have taken all the gear out planning to put it up for the season but the nice weather keeps us going out. We don't surf, i would say the port side of the swim platform is two inches lower than Stbd. Besides the batteries and safety equipment the boat is empty. Maybe with all the extra gear out table,seat cushions etc is just enough for the batteries to throw off the C.G. thanks for all the replies by the way.

anmut

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
I have dual batteries. I have taken all the gear out planning to put it up for the season but the nice weather keeps us going out. We don't surf, i would say the port side of the swim platform is two inches lower than Stbd. Besides the batteries and safety equipment the boat is empty. Maybe with all the extra gear out table,seat cushions etc is just enough for the batteries to throw off the C.G. thanks for all the replies by the way.
Two batteries could be 120-140lbs too. That's like one normal girl and a half of a Wisconsin girl sitting on that side.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
When it was out of the water on the trailer did you pull ALL of the cockpit drain plugs? If not it's possible you have some water that is trapped in the hull or fuel tank compartment. Remove all of the plugs in the center storage->fuel compartment->engine->bilge/hull drain plugs and the boat will need to be at a good angle to really get it all out.