• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

212S vs 212SE

Pokes1789

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
So I got bumped this year from my Ar210 and rolled my money over to a 2022 boat. With that being said we went on a friends boat who had a 252SE and I loved the captains chairs. Didn’t think the bench of the AR would have been an issue but after that day I’m glad I actually got cut. That brings me to the question of the major difference between the 212S and SE. Yamaha state upgraded uplolstery on the cheaper S model. For the extra 3k you get push start, drive by wire, and Yamaha drive control with a 12” screen. Just wanting to see if that is worth it. I’ve kind of thought drive was not really necessary and the bigger screen isn’t that big of deal. Would be great to hear from owners of both models and what you think. Thanks everyone.

I'm telling you from experience... I wish Yamaha would offer the "luxury" model with a bench. The co-captains chair is nice, but a real waste of room. RE the drive by wire stuff.... it's super cool, but personally, I'd be cautious of that tech while Yamaha has so many QC issues right now. 8" screen is pretty bullet proof, as are manual throttles, standard key start, etc.

A buddy of mine has a 2021 212se and I have a 2020 212s. His upholstery is the brown and mine the gray. Besides color i cant tell if its a better quality vinyl, the pattern is the same. His 12" screen is nice.

So I got bumped this year from my Ar210 and rolled my money over to a 2022 boat. With that being said we went on a friends boat who had a 252SE and I loved the captains chairs. Didn’t think the bench of the AR would have been an issue but after that day I’m glad I actually got cut. That brings me to the question of the major difference between the 212S and SE. Yamaha state upgraded uplolstery on the cheaper S model. For the extra 3k you get push start, drive by wire, and Yamaha drive control with a 12” screen. Just wanting to see if that is worth it. I’ve kind of thought drive was not really necessary and the bigger screen isn’t that big of deal. Would be great to hear from owners of both models and what you think. Thanks everyone.
I have a 2021 212SE, and it does not have drive. That's the 212SD model. It's another 5k if I remember correctly.

Throttle by wire is well worth it. Engines auto sync rpm and 12 in connext screen. I've run plenty of cable throttles to know I'll never go back. Now I have an SD so I have the drive paddles which is the only thing I can say I really don't need. Cobra steering and learning to run both throttles works great. I rarely use the paddles anymore.

I have a 2021 212SE, and it does not have drive. That's the 212SD model. It's another 5k if I remember correctly.
I wonder what’s the difference here. Yamaha can be very confusing. I thought it only came on the SD version but saw this and was confused.

Attachments

• E24AF565-BD28-4639-ACB6-AAACD1A6296E.jpeg
    E24AF565-BD28-4639-ACB6-AAACD1A6296E.jpeg
    284.1 KB · Views: 35
The E is totally worth the 3k. The bigger screen is just a nice bonus.

I wonder what’s the difference here. Yamaha can be very confusing. I thought it only came on the SD version but saw this and was confused.
The "D" means it comes with paddles on the steering wheel. There are items listed for the 212SE that did not come on my boat. I will be addressing them with the dealer @ my 10 hr service. A lot of inconsistencies with Yamaha right now.

The "D" means it comes with paddles on the steering wheel. There are items listed for the 212SE that did not come on my boat. I will be addressing them with the dealer @ my 10 hr service. A lot of inconsistencies with Yamaha right now.
Yes I knew the D meant drive but the comparison on their website is deceiving.

Attachments

• B9F1BFBB-0F85-4536-97EA-EF67D13355E2.jpeg
    B9F1BFBB-0F85-4536-97EA-EF67D13355E2.jpeg
    284.1 KB · Views: 32
And what items are you missing?

And what items are you missing?
A USB audio input at the helm, dual USB charging points on the port side, and a 12v power point at the stern. Additionally, the owners manual shows an adjustable equalizer, it's not there. These items are listed in the build data, and the owners manual. Also, the ice chest is not "integrated", it's a portable with wheels.

I think your S.O.L. with the "integrated" ice chest that one is a marketing scheme. The usb's, 12V, and eq that shit should be there.

Keep in mind the interior/upholstery upgrade is from the 210’s to the 212’s. All the 212’s have the same quality of upholstery. Don’t get me wrong I like the SE over the S in theory. However happy to not have all the electronic gremlins associated with it.

Keep in mind the interior/upholstery upgrade is from the 210’s to the 212’s. All the 212’s have the same quality of upholstery. Don’t get me wrong I like the SE over the S in theory. However happy to not have all the electronic gremlins associated with it.
Oh that’s what the upgraded upholstery is I didn’t know that. Thanks

Back