• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

212X 2012 HO(1.8) port engine turn , but won't start HELP!

Augusto David Rodriguez

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
i was running yesterday in Siesta key and starboard engine shut down suddenly, i stop shut the starboard and turn on, this happens another time so total
2 times.on starboard. i shut the engines off and start again, then i was running 40mph and i arrive to the marina with no issues. today I try to star the port engine and try to start 4 different occasion and the engine turn but won't start. I didn't have any alarms any sound, and when turning everything sounds normal.
I have 226 hours almost 10 years old , i bought it new. Did you guys think is the timing belt, and any suggestions ?

buckbuck

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I suggest you start with the simple things like the switches located under the clean out hatch.