• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

212X is finally home and on the lift

Belleville_Boater

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
After long anticipation of the lake to thaw and picking up my new 212X, Friday April 17th was the big day!! Everything went great and it ended up being the nicest weather day of the year so worked out perfect.

Last edited:

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
it looks great, I wish I was bringing home a new '15!

SCSTWG

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Looks great and it looks like the Jeep is handling it good as well.

OperationROL

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Sweet!

Belleville_Boater

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I'll get a pic of the interior when I get home and get it posted

Belleville_Boater

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Looks great and it looks like the Jeep is handling it good as well.
Yeah my Grand Cherokee looks like a gocart here but it handled it great, was about a 45 minute drive home all highway

Belleville_Boater

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Here it is on my lift under the canopy, the tower won't go under so had to put it down which was a PITA but found an easier way to lower it without having to take off the center section, made my life much easier. I'm working on designing something even faster with a quick release (by the way im a design engineer by profession).
0418151820.jpg

USMCDevilDog

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Great looking boat! Yeah, definitely pita trying to get that tower down. Wish they would have put something together more innovative on the tower….

PEARCE

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Does your GC have a Hemi or the Ecodiesel? Great looking rig!

Belleville_Boater

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
What I found is if you just loosen the bottom rear fastener (about 4 thread lengths), then remove the bottom front fastener and the top tower fastener in that order while holding the tower up you can then rotate the center section back approximately 90deg till it hard stops on the tower base (it does not touch the hull or gellcoat at all). Do that to both sides then lower the tower, the tower should just clear the bottom rear knobs and the center sections as well. Then use a cushion spacer for the tower to rest on for the seats (I used a life jacket for now till I get a permenant solution)

Belleville_Boater

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Does your GC have a Hemi or the Ecodiesel? Great looking rig!
It has the V6 but it's the Grand Cherokee Overland 4x4 which has the Quadralift Air Suspension keeping it all nice and level. Pulled like a champ!

JimG

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I will potentially have the same problem with my lift, so I am very interested in your solution for lowering the tower. One question -- what are you referring to as the "center section"? Is that the funny shaped side support for the tower piece?

JimG

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Also, any chance you can take a few photos from the side so we can see how the pieces fold down on the tower base?

I was remiss not to mention in my first post that this is a damn good looking boat! When I originally started to shop for the 212X last year, when viewing on-line I liked the blue 2015 better than the black, but once I saw them both in person I changed my mind. Ultimately, however, I found a new 2014 that was way cheaper and went in that direction.

Belleville_Boater

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I will potentially have the same problem with my lift, so I am very interested in your solution for lowering the tower. One question -- what are you referring to as the "center section"? Is that the funny shaped side support for the tower piece?
Ahhh nice to see another fellow Michigander!! To answer your question, yes I was referring to the 'funny shaped side support' with the 212X markings as the removable center section. And I will take pictures of it probably tonight if the weather is nice. I've designed a potential quick release fix with pins which are at a shear strength of 4500 lbs with a safety factor of 2. Looking to boost that if I can but it's not bad. Also I'm designing it so there is little to no modification to the stock components of the boat. I'll keep you posted...

JimG

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Thanks! A few photos would really be great, and a long term engineering solution would be awesome. It is good to know a design engineer!!

JimG

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Any update on your quick release solution for the tower?

Belleville_Boater

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Any update on your quick release solution for the tower?
Sorry Jim it took so long to get back to you on this. Yes the quick release solution works great, I'm very pleased with it! Takes about 15 seconds now to drop/raise the tower. I'm still looking to add one more piece which will serve as a rest for the tower in the lower position and it off of the rear seats but should have that by end of next week I think. I will definitely take pictures next time im out and get video of the process. I was strict on not modifying anything on the boat so that if you ever wanted to have the boat in stock condition you can.

JimG

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Great news -- thanks for the update. I know thatI, and quite a few other 212X owners, are interested in seeing the final solution and following your lead here.