• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

212x tower fasteners

duffell_shawnee

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Recently had tower speakers installed and am experiencing more tower shake as a result. Thought I would check the fasteners and they seem to be spinning freely. Figured someone on here would know the best way to make sure the tower is secured properly.

Attachments

Glassman

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
When you say "Spinning freely" , did you have a wrench inside the boat on the other end of that fastener?:rolleyes:

duffell_shawnee

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Nope. I assumed that's what I needed to do but didn't want to pull the cover off thanks to Tropical storm Bill. I'll get in there this weekend and tighten them up. Might be a stupid question but is the nut hex on the inside as well?? Ran all over town trying to find the 1/2" hex socket today.

RiverRat

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
Looks like similar fasteners to those on my 192. I've been up inside the gun whales and saw the backside. Looked like big nylock nuts.

BigVish

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Anything that vibrates a lot could benefit from a finger glob of silicone on the bolt/nut/hull mating surfaces if hidden.

Englewoodcowboy

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Nylock hex nut inside. Snug them down, dont crank or you could chip the gel coat.