• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

212x, wake tower , rack change

justason

Jetboaters Admiral
SWAG Forum Lead
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
A recent purchase of a surf board does not fit in the stock yamaha tower racks (left side below). Does yamaha or other make a bolt matching replacement, shape match? (I have same braces as shown below)

While searching the forum for an answer I found the image below from @kthrash . What did you find here and how is it working for you? Do you have a reverse angle image?

upload_2014-9-5_9-40-50.png

Last edited:

Master-Spud

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Nautique
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
watching this as well, as I might switch out one rack to surf style, and have one for wakeboard.

octavio3311

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Yeah those will work. I bought 1 to try out just to find that my surfboards fit in my stock rack.
Another idea I was strongly considering and may still do for next spring, is have surf pockets installed in my bimini. surf5.jpg

justason

Jetboaters Admiral
SWAG Forum Lead
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Yeah those will work. I bought 1 to try out just to find that my surfboards fit in my stock rack.
Another idea I was strongly considering and may still do for next spring, is have surf pockets installed in my bimini. View attachment 11825
O that's interesting as hell !! would it flap when empty or more importantly create drag? ....I have a rematch coming up with an AR230 :mad:
My wife is considering making us a new Bimini top over winter, have to think about this.....

Who's sexy garage is that !?!?!?

octavio3311

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
The Bimini surf pockets are cool as hell. Saw them on a Nuatique that pulled up to the bar. Apparently it's an option on Nautiques, MC's and Malibu's.
Called the local marine upholstery shop and they said "Yep, no problem. Just bring us the boat with the bimini and your largest surfboard. It'll be $200-$250 depending on your specific bimini and wether you want the pockets below or on top."
Definitely something to consider! The bimini mod is considerably cheaper than new racks and I think it's handier as well. Especially when tieing up with other boats and your racks are full.
Definitely on my list for next spring.

Lspeedss

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
O that's interesting as hell !! would it flap when empty or more importantly create drag? ....I have a rematch coming up with an AR230 :mad:
My wife is considering making us a new Bimini top over winter, have to think about this.....

AR230..hmmm you talking bout me? I had you for a mile or so...little boat is a little slow.. Haha

justason

Jetboaters Admiral
SWAG Forum Lead
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
AR230..hmmm you talking bout me? I had you for a mile or so...little boat is a little slow.. Haha
I've been waiting for you to stumble on this topic there crusty bottom. Barb may have to wait adrift on a channel marker while this plays out!

And i'll move my gopro mounts to the aft end for ya so you can see that awesome 230 in replay

Lspeedss

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Your on.. I'll make sure the bottom is clean and Bimini down...If all of those 212X's do 55mph.. Including yours... I must have the fastest AR230 made... Lol

justason

Jetboaters Admiral
SWAG Forum Lead
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Your on.. I'll make sure the bottom is clean and Bimini down...If all of those 212X's do 55mph.. Including yours... I must have the fastest AR230 made... Lol
My new throttle assist mechanismimage.jpg

Lspeedss

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
HiFi

Yeah. Your gonna need all the help you can get... Your going down..

Last edited:

kthrash

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
A recent purchase of a surf board does not fit in the stock yamaha tower racks (left side below). Does yamaha or other make a bolt matching replacement, shape match? (I have same braces as shown below)

While searching the forum for an answer I found the image below from @kthrash . What did you find here and how is it working for you? Do you have a reverse angle image?

View attachment 11818
The double rack is actually a newer Double Rack from Yamaha off of a 2010 boat..

Fork Assy
F2G-U260B-10-00
$177.79

Not cheap but it bolts right on..

Top Bottom