• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

232 Limited S Tower

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@Bousbous55,

I was just admiring your forward swept tower in the picture below. Do you, or does anyone else know who manufacturers this tower? Do you happen to have more pictures? Thanks.

Bousbous55

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Thanks for the compliment, that tower is what the boat came with from the factory, it's what came with with limited S models. I can try to find out the manufacturer.image.jpg

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
OK, this topic of conversation came up this weekend. Does the tow point being moved forward about 5 or so feet pose a problem? Does it interfere with passengers while trying to do any water sports? We surf a lot and I stepped onto a new 242 LS this weekend and was just thinking to myself that "Houston we have a problem." Just seems to me the angle that the forward swept tower creates isn't as user friendly.

BoaterGuy

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
The forward swept tower actually provides a benefit of locating the tow point more towards the center of the boat. This keeps the boat from "wagging" when a skier or boarder is crossing the wake.

Functional-wise I haven't had any issue with the tow point being up there. Even with the bimini in place the tow rope clears it if you adjust the bimini to the lowest setting. Plus when you are towing, you get a bow-up situation so the rope is about level with the boarder or skier.

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Good points RobA, I guess I will have to get a ride on one of these boats while we are doing watersports and see for myself.